Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a d16y8 head that was mid to the max .40mm off. i'm going to be using crower stage 2 cams with it and putting it on a stock d16y7 block. i want to know if the valves are going to hit the pistons or not. and if it does hit what headgasket could i use to make it clear if there's one out there. if anyone can help me please let me know thanks.

EDIT: the head was mild .040" not mm.

·
Registered
89'civic sedan lx
1,493 Posts
welcome to the DS..post some pics it will help people..:wink:..were all pic whores

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
89'civic sedan lx
1,493 Posts
oh never mind you got it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fix what?? where can i get a head gasket thick enough for the valves to clear? or should i just go with the stock y8 cam.

·
Registered
89'civic sedan lx
1,493 Posts
fix what?? where can i get a head gasket thick enough for the valves to clear? or should i just go with the stock y8 cam.
i was talking bout the pics..lol..how thick is the head gasket?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i don't have one yet. i wasn't sure which one to get. i didn't want to buy one that isn't going to work right with this setup.

·
Registered
89'civic sedan lx
1,493 Posts
you mean you don't have a stock headgasket?

·
Registered
89'civic sedan lx
1,493 Posts
did you try to search for it?

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
If it really is only a .015" mill thats nothing really. It will be fine with an OEM gasket.
yes that head is not milled .40 thousands no way, it still has the milling mark, i forget how much you gotta mill before you hit it but i know that head isnt milled 40k

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes that head is not milled .40 thousands no way, it still has the milling mark, i forget how much you gotta mill before you hit it but i know that head isnt milled 40k
it's actually mild .040". the marks are aligned flat with the bottom of the head. i'll get a picture showing that up later

·
Registered
809 Posts
this might be a stupid idea, but would putting two hg's together work or is that dumb and would pose problems?..like taking 2 oem y7 or y8 gaskets and somehow constructing a 4 layer gasket...i know you can remove a layer to make a 2 layer HG

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
this might be a stupid idea, but would putting two hg's together work or is that dumb and would pose problems?..like taking 2 oem y7 or y8 gaskets and somehow constructing a 4 layer gasket...i know you can remove a layer to make a 2 layer HG
i was thinking about doing something like that too but wasn't sure if it was safe. anyone else with thought's about this?

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
i was thinking about doing something like that too but wasn't sure if it was safe. anyone else with thought's about this?
you can, but i wouldnt reccomend it, waht you do is get a headgasket for a 91 civic they are a little bit thicker, but they arent metal so if you overheat the motor they pop easy, that head isnt shaved 40k ill put money on it

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
you can, but i wouldnt reccomend it, waht you do is get a headgasket for a 91 civic they are a little bit thicker, but they arent metal so if you overheat the motor they pop easy, that head isnt shaved 40k ill put money on it
I dont recommend the A6 HG. FJT makes a gasket I am told is a little thicker, so Id go with that one.

So we are sure its .040mm or .040"?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i'm sure it's .040" here are some pictures

if the valves aren't going to hit the pistons if i use a z6 or y8 headgasket then i'm definitely just going to use one of those.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts