Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have some issues on my d16y8 head gaskets, it leaks oil on the edge of between the head n the blocks right below the upper coolant hose housing, I have checked and replaced for other possibilities such as distributor orings, sensor under the distributors but still no luck, I even replaced the gaskets to a original d16y8 3 layer metal gaskets but it still leaks oil on the edge, what could be wrong with it?please help me???

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Did you have the head re-surfaced prior to putting it back on? Should take a flat-board sander with some mild grit to the block deck as well.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,025 Posts
did you use new headbolts or are you re-using the old ones?

torqued to spec?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you have the head re-surfaced prior to putting it back on? Should take a flat-board sander with some mild grit to the block deck as well.
Nope I nvr mill the head before as I never had any overheating problems, I even check for head bends but there are no bend at all, I just clean the surface and install the new stock y8 metal 3layer HG

·
Registered
106 Posts
Remove the head and have it re-surfaced. Just the act of removing an aluminum head can cause it to warp due to the repeated heat cycles it goes through.

Also surface the deck with a flat-board sander. Re-assemble with a new gasket. Don't use any sealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts