Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Honda Civic wagon
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on doing a mini me build using a d16y8 head and a d15b2 block. I am using a p28 ecu but will it work with the stock wiring harness from a 1991 Honda Civic wagon??

·
Registered
1991 Honda Civic wagon
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used a dpgi to mpfi conversion harness for HAMotorsports. It also converted obd0 to obd1. Like others were saying go obd1 for power performance. Im using a p28 and went with Moates Demon2 RTP. I also had HAmotorsports build me a base map. I can't tell you what is best but I will tell you what has worked for me. What was a little tricky was the timing. With a Z6 head I use a y8 cam gear and had to ajust it off by one tooth. The adj. Cam gear was a pain in the a!!... I think with the y8 head that trick won't work.

I went to pull and pay and got my head and intake. Stay away from the 1998-99 intake unless you plan on plugging the air injection holes. Read -read and ask questions. That's what I did and if you want to build the bottom end you will have to notch the block unless you get special rods. In the end I wish I would have just went and got a d16 block because in a few years they will be easier to get than the d15's but it was what I had.
I have another question I drilled out the oil jet in my block so will the tunnel on the block line up to the oil jet of the y8 head

1 - 5 of 5 Posts