Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to make a quick informative post since I know this is an issue with Y8's.

So, as far as know, AEM was the only company that made a cam gear for the Y8 that had the timing marks and the keyway in the right spot, and every other company had it wrong. Well, I bought the AEM just for that reason, but when it came in the mail, I REALLY didn't like how little material there was. Then, I saw several posts online where this had happened....

Whether it was cam seized up, or a manufacture defect, I was NOT comfortable with putting this cam gear in my engine build.

So, after some research I decided to buy the Golden Eagle cam gear as it seemed much more robust of a design. Well, after carefully inspecting it and directly comparing it to my OEM Y8 cam gear I can happily say that Golden Eagle has the timing marks and keyway down exactly.

See attachments for pics of the cam gear.

They basically have two sets of timing marks. One for the Y8 and one for the Z6. Hope this info is helpful.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Right on. I need a new (or new to me) cam gear. Maybe I'll look into one of these.

I came up with a way a while back to degree / calibrate any adjustable cam gear with your stock one. It's probably in the DIY section somewhere.

Thanks for the info.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts