Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm preparing to build a set of custom headers for my D16Y8 head, but have not disassembled anything as yet and I'm hoping someone may either have dimensions handy or a Y8 head that is lying around that they could measure up easily. I have tried searching, but can't seem to locate this info on any of the forums.

I need the width and height of the exhaust ports and the length of the port inside the head, both as per the attached images.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
But you have a d16y8 head?

Reactions: slo_eg8

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do, but hoping that someone may have these measurements easily available, so I don't have to dismantle my car to do some calculations for the header design.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the y8 the same casting as the y7? If so, I have a y7 head on the bench and I can get those dimension today sometime.
Hey Henry,

I've been reading up and it seems the y7 and y8 are the same casting, and from what I read the same exhaust port size.

If it is easy enough for you to measure up, it would really help out so I can start some designs.

Many thanks!

·
Registered
91 Hatch rally car
238 Posts
Hey Henry,

I've been reading up and it seems the y7 and y8 are the same casting, and from what I read the same exhaust port size.

If it is easy enough for you to measure up, it would really help out so I can start some designs.

Many thanks!
No problem. I'll take a look tomorrow, then. In mm or inches?

·
Registered
91 Hatch rally car
238 Posts
Here you go.
The port opening:
28.72mm x 39.21mm
the port length:
82.65mm
The port opening dimensions are pretty accurate. The port length is a bit more of an approximation. I bent a piece of wire to follow your drawing, marked it, straightened it out, then measured it. I was a careful as I could be, but I'm sure I didn't get things exact.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Henry,

You're an absolute legend.

The length is a tricky one to measure, but I can't fault your method.

Thanks for going to the trouble to do this. Much appreciated!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts