Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so this is my first post and I’ve had my mind wrapped around something and I’m just curious if it will work, I have a pretty low 90 EF Sedan and I just recently bought a eBay 4-2-1 header/exhaust mani., well after I installed it and put the car back on the ground and took it for a text rip the flange were it meets the cat is just getting destroyed by the ground, so I found out the hard way that they seem to hang lower then stock and don’t hug up on the oil pan as nearly as tight as the stock one, however I was gonna try and cut an inch out of the pipe before the flange that means manifold and just weld it back together I noticed it’s more in the angle that it is the length in the piping or just a bit of both, but anyways I was at junkyard and found 99 Civic with the d16y8 still it but the manifold was gone but the down pipe was just beneath the car but I noticed that the flange looked exactly like the one on my eBay set, and actually had more of a right angle that would actually hug up on the oil pan more so I can keep my car low just the way I like it 😁 so any info on this would be much appreciated or if anyone has done this let me know how it’s working out for you

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
509 Posts
Hey guys so this is my first post and I’ve had my mind wrapped around something and I’m just curious if it will work, I have a pretty low 90 EF Sedan and I just recently bought a eBay 4-2-1 header/exhaust mani., well after I installed it and put the car back on the ground and took it for a text rip the flange were it meets the cat is just getting destroyed by the ground, so I found out the hard way that they seem to hang lower then stock and don’t hug up on the oil pan as nearly as tight as the stock one, however I was gonna try and cut an inch out of the pipe before the flange that means manifold and just weld it back together I noticed it’s more in the angle that it is the length in the piping or just a bit of both, but anyways I was at junkyard and found 99 Civic with the d16y8 still it but the manifold was gone but the down pipe was just beneath the car but I noticed that the flange looked exactly like the one on my eBay set, and actually had more of a right angle that would actually hug up on the oil pan more so I can keep my car low just the way I like it 😁 so any info on this would be much appreciated or if anyone has done this let me know how it’s working out for you
How is anyone supposed to know if the OEM downpipe is going to bolt up to some random ebay header?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts