Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i bought myself a shiny new 2k SI (EX in the US) about a year and a half ago and the car is finally paid off and its time for a turbo build.

My question is if i buy a rebuilt motor from a shop or a person and they say that the head has been flow tested, 3 way valve job,cylinders bored .020 over etc.etc.etc, is there any kind of paperwork that they will have as proof? Or do i have to trust that its been done and maby buy a motor with a cracked head or block, or any other of the many wonderful things that can go wrong with a un-loved motor.

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
They should usually have paperwork from a machine shop stating the services done....unless they did the majority themselves, but i don't see that happening with what you stated.

·
Registered
801 Posts
well...if you even have to worry about that...then shop somewhere else.

reputable builders usually will have some form of paperwork.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i wasn't questioning the reputation of the builder. i just wanted to know if this paperwork does actually exist and you guys answered that question for me so thank you very much.

·
Registered
406 Posts
If you're worried about it, just make sure they sign over a document which states all the work which has been done on your engine.

In Canada, the consumer protection act forces sellers to state what work they did, and if things aren't in the condition they claim that they should be in, you have grounds to ask for compensation.

Good luck with the build, glad to see some more Canadians on here!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts