Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Eg Sedan
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I drive a 95 civic ex with a stock d16y8 engine and the p28 ecu is chipped. My engine cuts in and out if i press the gas pedal to the floor when I'm at 4500 rpm. I'm not sure if this is a fuel or tuning issue. Only mods the car has is a 3 inch exhaust from the header back, aftermarket header, and a short ram intake so nothing major has been done. Any suggestions of what would cause the car to kind of studder around when flooring it from any gear at 4500+rpm?

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
Hello I drive a 95 civic ex with a stock d16y8 engine and the p28 ecu is chipped. My engine cuts in and out if i press the gas pedal to the floor when I'm at 4500 rpm. I'm not sure if this is a fuel or tuning issue. Only mods the car has is a 3 inch exhaust from the header back, aftermarket header, and a short ram intake so nothing major has been done. Any suggestions of what would cause the car to kind of studder around when flooring it from any gear at 4500+rpm?
you either don't have a 95, it's not stock, or you don't have a d16y8.

95 EX's came with D16Z6's

does your speedometer work?

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Check your tps.

·
Registered
Eg Sedan
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes my car is stock, just engine swapped. The d16y8 is completely stock from a 2000 civic ex. Yes i know my car should have a z6, but it doesnt. I'm assuming previous engine was blown because of oil in the radiator. But anyway, back to the issue at hand.
What is tps?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts