Discussion Starter #1
Head

-D16Y8 Port and Polish Stage 2 wid 3 angle valve from Kevin Built
-Crower Stage 2 Cams
-Aem Adjustable cam gear
-Supertech S&R
-Edelbrock Performer X Manifold
-Edelbrock 4-2-1 Header

you think my stock y7 block can handle this....or am i going to need new pistons....any tips for me be4 i swap the head or anything...any questions feel free to ask...thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do i have to upgrade the rods..well the car run ok without having to upgrade...and are you talking about the spring and retainers...if you are i have supertech springs and retainers...

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
well i got a p28 chipped...i'll probably just tune the p28 to work with my motor....
Ectune is also a good product. Stock rods will be fine but you have to stay under the rev limit, the rods will bend far before the valves will make contact with the pistons. Tuner toy rods are 200$ eagle h-beams are 300$ and you can rev sky high with them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just wanna be on the safe side...i dont wanna blow my block too...dont wanna overrev and poof..there goes my block.....so maybe upgrading the rods will be the safest way to go then right

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no not yet....i will post up the pix asap...when i have time on my hands..kinda busy everyday...

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Well in crome you can set your rev limit so you dont blow your engine. Yes rods would be a good idea, especially since your going N/A But your going to want to upgrade the camshaft so you can make more power up top.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
already got crower stage 2 cams....well it be safe for me to run with the stock block...i dont wanna risk anything....and about the rods that will bend be4 the valves make contact with the pistons...its that bad for my rods...

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
already got crower stage 2 cams....well it be safe for me to run with the stock block...i dont wanna risk anything....and about the rods that will bend be4 the valves make contact with the pistons...its that bad for my rods...
Keep the rpm's down and under 8000 rpm's and you will be fine for now, the block will be fine for up to 400 horsepower. the stock rods can handle up to 200hp (wich without major mods your not going to hit that)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts