Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need small help with my D16 Build, I'm not asking anything I could not figure out my self or see in the forums

I'm planning on buy 76mm Vitara's but not sure which to buy, there seems to be one person likes one and someone else likes another, just need the best ones for a budget build

I need some help understanding the engine management for a D16y8 99Ex on 12lbs of boost, I have searched and understood that a hondata s300 is my best option? this whole ecu shit goes why over my head, just need so advice on what you would do if it was your build

any advice would be helpfulll :) thanks :exnbpslap:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Why 76mm, and you should have put this in the noob section. What are your goals, what is your budget, and how much experience do you have?

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Hondata is simple.
You get an obd1 ecu and have someone solder in the hondata chip.
Then you will need an obd2b to obd1 jumper harness.
Then since you wont be tuning it yourself just tow your car to your tuner and let him handle all that.

If you are tuning it yourself you need to do a lot more homework on it.

As far as the pistons go idk, never build up a block just refreash. From what i know is you should keep it as close to stock size in mm just incase you need to over bore later.
Also your need different rods for the vitara and notching the block will be needed.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Get the YCP Vitara pistons. For $140 for 4 pistons they're cheap and have been proven to withstand over 600whp. I got mine from Go-Autoworks. They should have pretty much everything else you will need for your build as well.

What turbo are you going to run?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I personally used the YCP vitara pistons. I'll recommend those. If you plan on boring it out anyway just go with the 75.5mm pistons which allows you to jump to 76mm if needs be later. Also I used FJ custom length rods but they are no longer. Next best option would be P2P custom length rods for vitaras. Found here http://p2p0.com/ Get a chipped p28 or p06 converted p28 and chipped. Step down harness(OBD2b-obd1). You don't really need to spend that money on hondata you could just use chrome or ectune. Those programs are Free? i believe I didn't pay for chrome. All I did was pay for the tune. I hope that helps good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the help! If you guys say obd1 is the best option with a conversion harness then where would I get the ecu? One from a z6 manual? And also on rod choice which rods would be the best investment? Are eagles really worth it? Thanks again!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hondata is expensive. You can easily use something liek Neptune or eCtune if you have someone around there that can tune it. YCP Vitara's are awesome, I made 400HP on them no problem. My new build will use them too although I'm considering getting a new set which is teflon coated!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts