Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Honda Civic 2DR
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am new to the forum and I have a 99 ek coupe, D16Y8 and Im saving up to turbo it. Heres the parts I plan to install, I was hoping for some opinions. Hp goal ~400 at the wheels, the car is going to be a DD and a street/strip drag car. I would like some opinions on the turbo choice, No AutoX

Stock Y8 Head
Stock Y8 Block
Stock Sleeves
YCP 75mm Vitara Pistons & Custom Lenth I-Beam Rods (p2p0)
ARP Headstuds
Cometic Bottom & Top End Gasket
AEM Tru-Time Cam Gear
Bisimoto 2.4 Turbo Camshaft
Supertech Valve Seals
Supertech Valves (maybe, depending on the condition of mine)
Supertech Springs & Retainers
Supertech Keepers (again, maybe)
Skunk2 Throttle Body (Im thinking Alpha but I may go with Pro?)
Skunk2 Pro Intake Manifold
ACL Race Bearings
Golden Eagle Block Guard
Skunk2 Megapower 3" Catback (or Apexi?)
Slimline Fan & 1/2 Sized Radiatior
Go-Autoworks Tuner Turbo Oiling Kit
Tial 50MM BOV
Spoolin' Performance Log Manifold & A/C 3" Downpipe
FMIC Piping Kit
Tial 38mm Wastegate
Go-Autoworks Spec Bullseye .55 Turbocharger (or .70?Maybe Garrett 57 Trim)
Precision 600hp Intercooler
Hondata S300 & Boost Solenoid
Greddy turbo timer
Walboro 400lph In-Tank Fuel Pump
Precision 780cc Injectors
Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator
Go-Autoworks Fuel Filter
Stock Fuel Rail (or AEM? I heard stock fuel rails last 500hp)
ACT XTR4 Xtreme w 4 Pad Disc Clutch Kit
MFactory Helical LSD
MFactory 3.083 1st
ZC 3rd & 4th (Opinions?)
Stock S40 5th (Opinions? I think on the S40 you cant swap 5th)
AEM Wideband AFR Gauge
AEM Boost Gauge
AEM Oil Pressure Gauge
AEM Oil Temp Gauge
MSD Cap & Rotor
MSD Plug Wires
NGK Iridiums
MSD Blaster coil (Opinions?)
Nitto 555R 205/50/15 Drag Radials

Machining
Port Match Intake Manifold and Throttle Body
Notch and Hone Block
Port and Polish Head
Blueprint Block & Balance Crankshaft
3 Angle Valve Job (Opinions? Maybe 5 angle?)

Im trying to find some good 5 spoke wheels, I already have the 99 Si wheels on my car, I may just keep those. I've been looking at Konig Forwards, Enkei EV5, J10, or Buddy Club P1's (my favorite of all) Also been looking at Speedy Wheels, but they seem too good to be true.

I already have Tein S-Techs and Tokico Blues, cross drilled and slotted rotors, Megan Rear Lower and Upper Strut Bar/Tie Bar, Megan Front Upper Strut Bar. I want to get a skunk2 camber kit but I dont know if it will work with regular springs and shocks, someone told me I would need coilovers.

I think thats about it, I might be forgetting some things, I have plans for racing seats, harness, etc. but thats not for this post. I would really appreciate some input.

·
Registered
98 Civic Ex d16y8
488 Posts
Excellent turbo choice. There are a few minor changes that I would make to your list but they're mainly opinion based (Bisi 2.4 vs delta 272-2). What's the time frame for this build?
x2 on the bisi cam. Bisi can suck a big fat one. Go for the Delta 272-2 regrind. I paid about 175 total. Thats shipping the stock core there, and the work on the cam. Lose the block guard as well, from what I hear, they cause more problems than anything. I'm goin for the same power goal with the same engine....check out my build thread.

oh....and dont bother with the MSD set up, it's pretty pointless. I hear it causes problems with tuning and such.

·
Registered
EG Hatch
831 Posts
get forged instead of vitaras, OEM dizzy/coil etc. I like my Web 2.4 cam.. my GE block guard hasn't caused me any problems, it's welded in..
I'd go with 1000ID's instead of the 780s.. my 1000ID's idle at 850rpms like a boss..

don't buy junk2
get an edelbrock or GE intake and an omni TB

·
Registered
123 Posts
Blueprint your block? How much is this machine shop charging cause around here its pricey also go 75.5 to get the p2w clearance right

·
Registered
93 Honda Integra
105 Posts
no MSD or Junk2 parts .. buy edelbrock TB and Mani..

·
Premium Member
92 civic cx hatch
1,012 Posts
good looking build, id1000s are really the way to go, i would rock a stock cam and see were it gets you then down the road get a bisi or delta etc

·
Registered
1999 Honda Civic 2DR
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Blueprint your block? How much is this machine shop charging cause around here its pricey also go 75.5 to get the p2w clearance right
The YCP Pistons say on the website that they are specially engineered so that they dont cause piston slap, even 75mm

·
Registered
1999 Honda Civic 2DR
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you everyone for the quick replies, looks like Ill be looking at the Delta Cam, Edelbrock mani and tb, 1000cc's and some forged pistons. Although, Ive seen tons and tons of build threads rocking vitaras pushing 400. even 500

·
Registered
1999 Honda Civic 2DR
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
x2 on the bisi cam. Bisi can suck a big fat one. Go for the Delta 272-2 regrind. I paid about 175 total. Thats shipping the stock core there, and the work on the cam. Lose the block guard as well, from what I hear, they cause more problems than anything. I'm goin for the same power goal with the same engine....check out my build thread.

oh....and dont bother with the MSD set up, it's pretty pointless. I hear it causes problems with tuning and such.
I think Im going to do that, it seems like a lower price for practically the same thing. I checked out your thread its looking good man, Im gonna keep checking up on it.

·
Registered
1999 Honda Civic 2DR
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nice looking build sheet. how many of these parts have you bought so far

oh and :worthless:
I've only bought the valve seals and headstuds so far lol. But I just got a second job so this went from a pipe dream into a concrete project so funding is still in progress

·
Registered
1999 Honda Civic 2DR
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

That's my girl. Plans for the exterior include some black 5 spokes with the edge painted purple, purple calipers, purple lugs. Purple plug wires, BOV, wastegate. Purple emblems, purple...you get the idea. Basically just purple accents, and a hulk plush hanging off the tow hook

1 - 20 of 28 Posts