Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
yup, basicly what i have. D16Y7 block with vitaras an h beams, and D16z6 head. used Y7 timing belt.

and you need 1 arp bolt thats made to fit Z6 block, and 9 arp bolts made for y7/y8 block. and the 1 arp for z6 goes in the back corner by vtec sillynoid

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
why are you replacing a y8 head with a z6?

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
flow, z6 is better then the y8.
if i remember correctly someone on here did a flow bench test on both heads...there are pretty similar, and in fact i think the y8 had the better marks overall by just the slightest bit...and frankly it was so minor that you would have to have one hellofa setup to notice, even on a dyno...

as for the oil pump thing...that is a no go, unless you do not plan on having some way to check the oil level...

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
if i remember correctly someone on here did a flow bench test on both heads...there are pretty similar, and in fact i think the y8 had the better marks overall by just the slightest bit...and frankly it was so minor that you would have to have one hellofa setup to notice, even on a dyno...
here is the bench tests: http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2245
^like i said, z6 won and had less work done to it to win.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=81924
^most recent discussion on it.

as for the oil pump thing...that is a no go, unless you do not plan on having some way to check the oil level...
was not refering to that. talking about porting the pump and adding a shim. or getting a toga HV pump.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
sorry about the oil pump thing, for some reason i read it as "swapping the y8 oil pump", not upgrading...which is something i plan on doing :)

as for the cylinder head question...i remember that thread the opposite way...i was thinking the z6 was better on the bottom end, and the y8 was better up top...boy i'm just doing everything backwards today....i sure hope i can get home without getting lost...thanks for the correction...

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
as for the cylinder head question...i remember that thread the opposite way...i was thinking the z6 was better on the bottom end, and the y8 was better up top...boy i'm just doing everything backwards today....i sure hope i can get home without getting lost...thanks for the correction...
ehh, i only read the thread like two months ago. till then i thought the same thing as you. so not a correction, just a passing of information.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
dang OP gonna come back tomarrow and shit when he sees all the replys..lol

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
^^seriuosly...if you don't have the motor yet, go out and get a z6...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts