Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm got my hands on a spare d16y8 and going to rip it apart and machine it up all purdy and build the internals for a sick turbo kit. It will make its final resting place in the body of a 98 civic si 5spd.

I was looking at Exospeed Stainless Steel Valves to throw into the mix but they are 1mm oversize. Will that cause me any problems with a more agressive cam grind, pistons and valve springs? (all aftermarket)
Or is it a bad idea to have a more agressive cam w/ boost?

Open to opinions as this is my first forced induction build.

Camshaft = Zex (street)
Springs = Zex
Pistons - not sure yet

Thanks

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Unless you're going to have a good Honda-specific machinist work some magic on the head I'd say the OS valves won't help...this I read on Endyn's own site.

·
Premium Member
92 civic cx hatch
1,012 Posts
1mm oversized is gonna be over kill just get some stock size or max .5mm oversized. the only way i would do 1mm is if i had some wicked cam and headwork done

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
1mm oversized is gonna be over kill just get some stock size or max .5mm oversized. the only way i would do 1mm is if i had some wicked cam and headwork done
so do it! :D

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
larger the valve the heaver the valve, the stronger the spring you will need. I say go with stock sized valves, if you want upgraded super special crap whatever but stay with stock dimensions. I would say some roller waves would be good or some arias im not a big fan of SRP.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all, great info. I'm learning as I go as well.

I have no problems with staying OEM size, but I'm having a trouble with resources. Such as where to buy aftermarket valves, cam, springs and whatnot that will fit together and not cause problems.... almost need an all-in-one online store type deal. I was so used to :::SFR::: Seoulfulracing Online Store-Community from when I built my N/A Tuscani.

I'm open ears to all suggestions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts