Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so ima dumbass off the bat not gonna lie, i do know I have to get a flywheel , clutch , clutch pedal , shifter and arms , slave cylinder & trans mounts . i have a 1999 Honda Civic Ex Sedan & i would like to convert my A/T to M/T but haven鈥檛 the slightest idea what trans would fit D16y8 (D16y8 manual transmission would be best*sarcastic remark intended*) As well as what ecu I would need depending upon what kind of M/T I use . Any help would be greatly appreciated 馃檹馃徏馃檹馃徏馃檹馃徏 And of course educate me kindly if I am missing anything else that would be needed in order to do this , thank you seven fold in advance

Registered
You need to find and read the auto to manual swap guide that is available in multiple formats across several honda forums.

honda-tech has a very well documented guide, even diving into specific connectors and making use of the automatic engine harness for extra wires.

You also have an odd combo right now. 99-00 d16y8 civics had air injection holes near fuel injector.
automatic 96-00 EX civics had 3 wire IACV mounted on throttlebody.

MANUAL is 2 wire IACV on back of intake manifold.

Easiest swap is d16z6 intake manifold and throttlebody.
manual upper trans bracket and mount
manual 99-00 engine harness
99-00 manual ecu.

Best bet, find a junkyard, go parts hunting. Best prices, best chance of success.

Though I may have some spare parts to help, though will be the weekend before I get around to them.

Reactions: robgoof

Registered
Forgot to say, d16z6 92-95 civic EX and 93-95 del sol SI.

Also, fuel rail is different, as is fuel line, so if changing to Z6 intake, you will need Z6 fuel rail and fuel line from rail to filter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts