Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive read that they arent good for adding power to but its all i have. i wanna get about 175 whp when its all said and done. im new to this and i wanna know what things i am goin to need to do in order to have this in my dd and have fun in. thanks.

·
Curious George
3,569 Posts
boost is going to be your best bet if your trying to make 170 whp. NA will probably (more then likely) not happen for a street d16y7.

look at the OP of the following thread, he is/was a die hard y7 builder: http://d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=68005

side note:
<- built a boosted 280 whp y7
Nice to see what I do is shared with everybody :)

I'm still a die hard y7 builder ;) My new engine is coming alive soon, I put this evening the assembled head on assembled block, only need to reoplace bearings in tranny, put everything together in the car. If I'm lucky with the time, end of this current month. I hope.

·
Curious George
3,569 Posts
every time someone asked about a N/A Y7, i always point to you. since you have one and have good documentation. now if the OP was asking about boost.... ;)

rep for you bro. :TU:
I'm starting building another new engine, this one will be turbo. I want to be in game with greater cars.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
ask dirtydserieswoot or fjt or myself if you have questions, we have all built boosted y7s. not saying there are not others, but we seem to be the only ones rep'ing them.

ok enough thread jacking. see you on your thread bro. :TU:

·
Lurking... &#3232;_&#3232; In Your Thread
11,969 Posts

·
Curious George
3,569 Posts
ask dirtydserieswoot or fjt or myself if you have questions, we have all built boosted y7s. not saying there are not others, but we seem to be the only ones rep'ing them.

ok enough thread jacking. see you on your thread bro. :TU:
thank you

·
Curious George
3,569 Posts
We currently have similar setups, but it's hard to resist the urge to turbo. I will be soon too!!
New N/A setup isn't in the c ar yet LOL, I'm starting to build another one !!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts