Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.
About a year ago I bought a Del Sol to play with. Lets call this for right now Frankencar. I don't know the complete history of the car but It originally came with a B16 in the car from the factory. When I bought it, it had a D16y7 in it with a D16y8 Manifold. Its a manual car.
I have been buying parts, researching, and working on this car for the past year. Have maybe driven it 1000 miles, its more of a garage car/project car. Runs great though.
One of the parts I am about to install is a Skunk2 Pro Intake manifold and a matching Skunk2 alpha throttle body. I was checking it out last night trying to plan the install and I noticed the y8 manifold is an automatic. No iavc on the back, but on the TB. The current IAVC on the TB has one wire that has been wired by someone to it. See pics for reference. I can go ahead and buy an IAVC for the y8 to install on my Skunk2, but how would I wire it. I ask this because I have no idea how to tell what has been previously wired. Also does the plug for the current IAVC on the TB will it fit the y8 IAVC as well? I also have a loose wire on the passenger side harness near the shock tower, don't know if this is related to wiring in the iavc. Once again pic attached.
I am also going to be putting in a Hondata S300 soon, will the current wiring situation mess with the S300?
Also going to be installing a turbo kit, but thats a story for another day.
Thanks for any input.

Attachments

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
It looks like the mount on the S2 manifold is set up for both styles with the bolt spacing I see. It just depends on which IACV you get in how you wire it in. That wiring needs to be redone anyways so wait until you get an IACV to install and redo it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By both styles.... Do you mean that the iavc that is on the throttle body on the automatic manifold would also bolt on to the skunk 2? Meaning I wouldn't really need the manual iavc? If that is the case would I need to rewire anything or will it just plug in and go?

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
No the TB mounted ones I think use a different style of mounting, you need a 2 bolt mounted one. There are 2 lengths of IACV's used in the civics and it looks like both will bolt up to that one.

They will look like this

And your mounting holes look like it will accept both:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts