1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK heres the scoop

2000 Y7 motor, with a Y8 head on it.

It has a Y7 IM installed at the moment, and everything is working fine

I just got a chipped P28, so I want to upgrade to the 240 injectors and y8 IM at the same time.

The deal is, I already have a 1999 Y8 IM, BUT it's from an auto.

My question is, since the main difference between the auto and MT versions is the IACV, can I just throw a OBD1 IACV on the y7 TB and then just use that on the y8 IM?? So it would be a Auto Y8 IM, with a Y7 TB... with a OBD1 IACV...

Thoughts? :confused:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Let me know if you find anything out!!! im having the SAME problem...I was told that I need to find a manual manifold and TB :TD:

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
ok. So you just converted the 3 wire to a 2 wire?
well, if i'm not mistaken the IACV is on the y7 TB on the bottom.
so the IACV on the back of the y8 IM just gets used as basically a block off, plus we capped off the two ports on it(the y8 that is).

hope i didnt confuse you!

·
Registered
255 Posts
well, if i'm not mistaken the IACV is on the y7 TB on the bottom.
so the IACV on the back of the y8 IM just gets used as basically a block off, plus we capped off the two ports on it(the y8 that is).
true it is on the bottom...and the manual Y8 is on the back of the manifold so thats why there is a problem. What ecu are you using with your swap? im not sure what the IACV on an OBD-1 motor looks like? is it 2 wire?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
It won't work. You must have the Y8 manual manifold with the ports for the 2-wire IACV if you want to use a P28.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm using a chipped P28, so I need a 2 wire IACV. What I was asking was... can I convert the 3 wire IACV on the Y7, to a 2 wire that the P28 can read?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
y8 auto iacv is mounted on the tb correct? find an obd1 2 wire iacv thats also mounted on the tb and swap tb's.

im running a y7/y8 boosted on a p28 ecu. but i have a manual y8 im, with iacv mounted on the back, and y8 tb.

-Luke

·
Shoot me!
2000 hatchback
6,890 Posts
you cant convert the 3 wire iacv on a y7 to a 2 wire. You have to get a manual y8 intake mani and use the 2 wire iacv that mounts on the back of the mani then do a 3 wire to 2 wire swap. And then switch a couple of pins on the ecu. Go to this one on the link below.
OBD-2b "B" plug 3-wire IACV repin diagram

http://technet.ff-squad.com/

·
Registered
255 Posts
Linkie no workie.....but the 3-2 wire swap merely involves leaving out the orange wire, plugging the 2 other wires into the sensor and changing 2 wires for it on the ecu correct?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts