Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i have a d16y7 with a y8 manifold and the car currently has a p2p ecu installed. the car has an idle hunt from 1-2k and when i unplug the tps i get an idle of 1500. i also notice I hear a very loud sucking sound coming from the top left hole of the tb which i believe leads to the iacv. I tried cleaning the iacv and got a somewhat better idle but the vacuum-like sound is still there along with the car having a rough idle, itll hunt then level out at 1500 then Ill give it gas and itll goo under 1k and then hunt a little and level out around 1500 again. I was leaning towards needing a new ecu or an iac valve. I have the y8 manifold with the iacv on the back of the manifold with the 2wire connection. any help would be greatly appreciated to get this car holding a steady idle without sensors unplugged, thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if i cover the tb and the little pinhole at the top of the tb the engine stalls, if I cover the top left hole inside the tb the engine idles perfectly at 800

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I switched the tb gasket as well which gives me a steady idle of 1500 but if I hit the gas it drops below one then jumps back to 1500. if I disconnect the tps it holds a steady idle of 15 and when I hit the gas it drops normally stopping at 1500

·
Registered
'93 / '95 Del Sol Si - '95 DX Coupe - '00 Accord EX F23 Manual
2,200 Posts
Did you have this car for a while before you did the manifold swap?

Did this issue show itself directly after you did the manifold swap?

I don't think it's the ECU.

This is a pretty common issue for people when swapping manifolds. I have never had the issue with a Honda manifold. Z6 on B2, Z6 on B7, Y8 on B7, etc. I have, however, had these types of issues every time I've ever used a Skunk2 or similar intake mani.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually bought it recently and it started doing this a week ago. I believe the top port of the tb leads to the iacv And thats where i can see/hear my problem coming from

1 - 7 of 7 Posts