Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
hey guys i got a ebay header on my 99 hatch right now and its got a bit of a leak between the 4-2 and 2-1 connection (bad fitment or something) but the header sounds like shit. my buddy has a y8 stock header laying around and i was wondering if that will make it sound better and obviously the quality wound be better since its an oem product. i dont know which to do
let me know guys!
thanks

i can order another ebay header theyre so cheap but...
which sounds better
y8 header - stock piping - axleback
or
ebay header - stock piping - axleback
thank you!

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,045 Posts
axle back as in fart can? if its stock after the cat, run stock pre-cat. if its bigger than stock all the way back, run ebay. if its stock between header and muffler, youre wasting your time

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
its got a leak because the ebay headers use piece of shit gaskets.

you can go to any partsstore and bring in your 2-1 pipe and match up a generic gasket for under ten bucks.

if they dont want to spend time helping you, find a different store

or you can make your own gasket. search for the various methods. re-enforced corkboard is typical

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guy for the responses,

performance wise i dont really care as of now, like i said it sounds like shit right now (it will be getting a catback system in about 2 months, probably the yonaka since our canadian dollar sucks right now and yonaka is canadian) just for now i want it to sound better since the leak just makes it sound awful.

i was just wondering about the y8 one since i have easy and free access to one and not sure where the y7 one is (think i lost it or a buddy has it)

and thanks ill take it to a local part shop to see if they got a generic gasket for me

·
4,045 Posts
use the one you have on hand if youre just going to replace it in the future. fart can also add to the ugly sound

·
Registered
02 eclipse dohc swap
3 Posts
How does the car sound with a full exhaust? I still have complete stock looking for a full exhaust system

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
he does not have a full exhaust.

and brand, size, and fitment will dictate whether it sounds good or not.

run far away from an ebay exhaust unless you have a factory catalytic converter installed

·
4,045 Posts
he does not have a full exhaust.

and brand, size, and fitment will dictate whether it sounds good or not.

run far away from an ebay exhaust unless you have a factory catalytic converter installed
my 2.5'' bbp header back exhaust with test pipe is fairly nice. no issues with it, but I did do the exhaust gasket sheet repair for the 2 piece header, and left the silencer in. if I find someone that can cut it and weld it back up, I may even keep it on for the eventual turbo build

·
Registered
02 eclipse dohc swap
3 Posts
Oh sorry misread, I was looking at a few exhaust systems like Megan brand for instance 330$ cat back not a bad price I think just need to get a nice header or something.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I have full ebay exhaust right now. zero leaks.

ebay 4-2-1, ebay test, "spec-d" catback, 2.5"

sounds absolutely horrid

·
Registered
02 eclipse dohc swap
3 Posts
Oh damn well at least you don't have leaks of any kind lol. There's this dude who just got a eBay exhaust system cheap 100$ cat back and the resonator already broke and rattles like a mother.. And he refuses to put his stock back on for now lol

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
my 2.5'' bbp header back exhaust with test pipe is fairly nice. no issues with it, but I did do the exhaust gasket sheet repair for the 2 piece header, and left the silencer in. if I find someone that can cut it and weld it back up, I may even keep it on for the eventual turbo build
i can weld, all you need is to find me the welding machine and I'll do the work for you son :TU:

·
4,045 Posts
Oh damn well at least you don't have leaks of any kind lol. There's this dude who just got a eBay exhaust system cheap 100$ cat back and the resonator already broke and rattles like a mother.. And he refuses to put his stock back on for now lol

paid 100$ shipped. no issues other than the fitment for the "s" bend. it needs to be cut and rotated a little bit

i can weld, all you need is to find me the welding machine and I'll do the work for you son :TU:
you back in florida? lol. Id love to have oval tubing but itd be easier just to mod what I have

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
paid 100$ shipped. no issues other than the fitment for the "s" bend. it needs to be cut and rotated a little bit

you back in florida? lol. Id love to have oval tubing but itd be easier just to mod what I have
lmfao dude I've been back Florida since last year, well with my ex gf but I broke up with her and kick her wacko ass back to IL, and ah yeah I gotcha man.. just lmk man. No charge tho. :TU:

·
4,045 Posts
shiiieeeet news to me, I thought you were still up in the cold

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts