Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas and gals it’s and they’s I was just brainstorming on some ideas to make my civic get some speed, i was thinking about doing a mini me build but all in all I want to cut some corners but I wanted to get a couple opinions. I was thinking about getting a z6 head and locking vtec instead of having the tech solenoid and having to wire and all that but I know I will definitely need some type of tune for that. If I could get any information from anyone that would be great, thank you

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,145 Posts
Best bet to gain more power for nothing is shedding weight. If you don't care about interior, power steering, HVAC, spare tire, etc, install all of it in the nearest dumpster to shed 350 pounds. Should be good enough for a perceived 13 HP increase:

Power to weight ratio calc:

90hp ÷ 2400ish lbs = 0.0375hp per pound

0.0375hp × 350lbs removed = 13.125hp

Then driver weight reduction, mainly the Subway and walking route.... lose 30 = another 1.125hp

So you stand to net an almost 14.5 free hp :)

I'm working on my version of a driver weight reduction right now....

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,913 Posts
why the fuck do we even bother with a search function?

lazy vtec?

hmm, y8 head, y8 ecu, run a wire for vtec....omgwtfbbqlulz

hard work vtec, y8 cam in y7 and pray.

Reactions: drtalon123

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
217 Posts
Hey fellas and gals it’s and they’s I was just brainstorming on some ideas to make my civic get some speed, i was thinking about doing a mini me build but all in all I want to cut some corners but I wanted to get a couple opinions. I was thinking about getting a z6 head and locking vtec instead of having the tech solenoid and having to wire and all that but I know I will definitely need some type of tune for that. If I could get any information from anyone that would be great, thank you
A mini me build +locked Vtec = a cammed y7, with some port work and a y8 manifold swap, try hard 😅

1 - 4 of 4 Posts