Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a d16y7 motor in my 97 civic, and i wanna no the best way to gain power out of it with out speading a whole lot of money. i already have cold air, header and exhaust, but i want more, just not sure which way to go with it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was thinking about a mini me swap, i already changed my tranny to a 98 ex tranny, and i kinda wanna cam it and chip my computer

·
Registered
581 Posts
i wonder what a y8 trans goes for...and does it bolt on? or is there some modifications to be done? (hope i am not thread jacking)...

·
Registered
2001 Z3 Coupe 3.0i
913 Posts
He said he already has a Y8 trans, and yes, it just bolts on.

I think you should do a Y8 IM and a reground cam.

·
Registered
581 Posts
He said he already has a Y8 trans, and yes, it just bolts on.

I think you should do a Y8 IM and a reground cam.
i was talking about for me...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea, i think ima go with a cam from bisimoto, and a aem tru time cam gear. and maybe the venom performance 400 module and get a lil more power, just do some more bolt ons

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
i was thinking about a mini me swap, i already changed my tranny to a 98 ex tranny, and i kinda wanna cam it and chip my computer
welsome to the world of obd2 hondas... they aint easy to "chip" they dont make prograrammers persay... you gots to go obd1 or you can try your luck with an safc or something similar

and venom performance modules dont do shit... i think theres a thread about em or maybe that was just info i picked outta a thread either way theyre worthless

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
not wanting to spend money wont get him past bolt ons which there isnt anything wrong with

·
Registered
37 Posts
i would get the delta272 regrind($100) y8 IM off of an Auto($50)!! If you want to do some more internal work i would get pm6 pistons they are around 100+shipping off eBay and they help out you compression a lot, if you know someone that can do a mild street port i highly recommend it

·
Registered
141 Posts
get a used nitrous kit:yes:
a simple and safe 75 shot on my stock y7 went [email protected] i ran this set up for a long time with no issues...except clutch.lol. if you wanna go to a 100 shot then you need a bigger fuel pump so you don't go lean.

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
get a used nitrous kit:yes:
a simple and safe 75 shot on my stock y7 went [email protected] i ran this set up for a long time with no issues...except clutch.lol. if you wanna go to a 100 shot then you need a bigger fuel pump so you don't go lean.
swap to a y8 trans and you would have prolly run a 13.7

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
your not gonna be able to run a cam without tuning which you said you dont wanna spend the money on okay for under 1000 you can get a y8 trans, intake mani, and a nice wet kit with a little scratch left over

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
I think the OP was like how I was.

Wanted some more power, but didnt want to do major modding.

Well OP, do this

Y8 Intake Manifold,
Y8 Transmission
CAI
and maybe a header.

I say do the IM, CAI, and Header, drive around till that gets boring...save up some money for a new clutch and swap a d16y8 trans in there with you new clutch.

give that the proper break in period, then when its all good, youll shit your pants at how much faster it is.

the gearing rocks

I beat a auto 350z from a 50ish roll. I was in 3rd gear too.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts