Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm messing around with upgrading my d16y7. I understand I will need to do an ecu swap probably will go with a p28. I'm going to do some bottom and top end work but need to understand a few choices I have, better. What are the differences in swapping manifolds y8 or z6 which one is best and for what reasons.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,102 Posts
why do you need a p28 ecu when your car is obd2? as stated in your other thread, try a search. also, why is this in diy?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
posted in wrong section sorry. and i will eventually be boosting this car and im understanding the p2e ecu can not be chipped and tuned. therefore going to p28. as for the manifold question????

·
D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
659 Posts
Get a y8 manifold from an automatic. IACV is blocked off therefore it will be an easy swap.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
If you want a simple upgrade that will give you a decent boost get a y8 automatic intake and a decent exhaust setup.

If you want and have the budget for major upgrades like turbocharging, get a head and matching intake from either a z6 or manual y8 and convert to OBD1.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Manual Y8 If your going obd1 later on.. Because the 3 wire IACV will not work with obd1.

You can Block off the IACV on the back of the intake while your running obd2.

Then when you are ready to run the 2 wire IACV on the back of the intake for obd1 you just have to swap a plug and like 2 wires from the ecu.

I have the same exact setup on my y7.. because its running obd1

Don't buy the Auto y8 if your planning on going obd1 because you will be drilling out that sob for the IACV ports on the back.

Also, The y8 mani is a Good cheap upgrade for the y7. The toilet bowl y7 intake is made for mileage not power lol After i installed mine it made a nice difference in the higher revs but mainly just sounds way better. Maybe a bit more throttle response.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts