Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a d16y7 stock everything. My friend gave my a t3/t4 turbo. I am gonna buy the whole kit (intercooler, ect.) i plan on putting a d16y8 transmission with a ACT stage 2 clutch and change the flywheel. Gonna put the d16y8 intake manifold. What else would you guys recommend to do with the motor? (what fuel rail, what size injectors???? and what more)

thanks

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
internals.

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
how much horsepower are you looking for? 200whp and under? stock bottomend with a good tune, maybe shim the oil pump or get a toga high volume unit... stock fuel rail, at least 440cc injectors, good ecu management, better flowing exhaust would help too, boost controller, oil pressure gauge is important imo.

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
chip it! chip the ecu & get a good tune

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Arps is a must with a FI setup, head studs at least, and rods bolt should be nice. Cheap insurance.

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
ya trying to get around 200hp, i have a full cat-back. What ecu should i get?
obd1 chipped ecu. p06 would be best, but p28, and p08 would work too you just have to disable vtec. as for the program, lots to choose from. crome, ectune, neptune, hondata, etc.

start looking here: www.xenocron.com :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
ya trying to get around 200hp, i have a full cat-back. What ecu should i get?
200 hp?
and you have a t3/t4?
if you got it cheap, i understand.

at that level it might be a bit laggy.

you could probably use a t3 w/ either a .42 or .60
and at 200hp, some 360cc-390cc injectors.
440cc might be a bit overkill, but will leave some room for growth if you decide to build your motor & turn up the boost later on.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
id rock 450cc's and i am to be honest, if you tune with crome all you have to do is adjust the duty cycles so its not really a big deal if they are too large because its not like their going to be at 100 percent all the time. Just my thoughts and keeping it cheap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts