Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I would first like to introduce myself as this is my first post! My name is Jeremy, and I am from a small town in Ohio. I currently have a 99 Honda Civic DX 4dr with D16y7 Motor in it. I traded my show winning truck for it and cash because baby was on the way. Now I want to make this car a fun car.

I jump from post to post all the time reading you guys, and your tech answers, I'd post alot more, but I'm not completely tech savvy. I thank all who answers my questions with alot of thanks...haha

Anyways, My questions are: I am going to turbo my Stock D16Y7 motor, I am not going to go for no insane amounts of boost, or else I would be upgrading internals.

I was wondering if only running 7-10 PSI of boost (Prolly 6-7psi during Daily) if I would need to do engine management. I do not want to go crazy with nothing, nor want to spend alot of money. I just want to add a little more pep to my car, and make it more fun to drive.

I am pieceing my turbo kit together, and I don't have much into it so far. I was just wondering if I would have to get any kind of ecu upgrade to run 6-10psi safetly, and kinda effect. Thanks...If I have any more questions, I will ask Thanks Guys

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
yeah gotta have a way to read the boost, or once you hit like 3-4psi you gonna throw CEL and shits gonna sput an spatter. $150-200 for a chipped/socketed ecu with crome fuel managment, then more $ for street tune/dyno tune. But yeah that ammount of boost is safe for DD. taking it you want a t28 or t3 turbo, so yeah thats about all you would need, some DSM injectors, and crome and your turbo kit, doubt you would even need head studs...but might wanna.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
find a import car tuner shop and call them and ask them to chip and tune your car.. you are gooing to have 100's of questions ask them and they will be able to answer you and get the part/ parts ordered to do so

1 - 8 of 8 Posts