Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently swapped a D16Y8 in my 1997 Honda DX that originally had a D16Y7 in it and I have two lines that I can't figure out

Pictures here ^

One is a coolant line that is supposed to go to the top (or maybe bottom)? of the IACV. One is coming from by the thermostat and I think the other originally came from the back of the block but I don't see a nipple on the back of the Y8. Maybe it's there and I can't see it but I removed the fuel rail and still don't see one.

The other one is underneath the intake manifold next to where the PCV hose leads. I can't figure out where this one goes either?

Please help me!
Thank you!

·
Registered
269 Posts
One line goes from the thermostat to the iacv. The other side of the iacv goes to the back of the block. There's a larger pipe there that cool at flows through. It has a nipple sticking out of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm having a hard time seeing it, I think I'm going to pull the whole intake and take a look. Any idea on the vacuum hose? I've looked all over the place and I can't see where it would possiblly connect to. Maybe when I have the manifold off I'll see it.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,034 Posts
use a y8 intake

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
D16Y7

D16Y8 (Manual)

D16Y8 (AUTO)

Reactions: slo_eg8
1 - 7 of 7 Posts