Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I have a automatic d15b2 in my 88 honda civic hatch... and I was wondering what other parts do i need to complete my swap.. Im going to change it to mpfi sometime this week..

D series Parts List..
D16y7 block
D16y7 head
obdo2 y7 dizzy..no cap
Crx si 5 speed cable tranny with shift linkage.. forgot the year
alternator
Y8 intake manifold
starter

Now I have b-series parts that i was going to use for my b20 non vtec build but ran out of money but i was told i can use these parts for my swap i just want some kind of confirmation

B series parts:
pr4 ecu
93 integra ls engine wiring harness

I have 2 questions.. Can I use these b series parts in my swap? And am i missing anything else for the swap to be complete? .. like i said earlier im going to convert it to mpfi this week..

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb
1,831 Posts
so your also converting to obd2 in the prosses? and you probably can use that ecu and wireing harness but for how cheap D parts are i would just buy the the ecu for the motor and wireing harness then you dont have to splice any of the wires or anything.

·
Registered
97 civic lx
967 Posts
so your also converting to obd2 in the prosses? and you probably can use that ecu and wireing harness but for how cheap D parts are i would just buy the the ecu for the motor and wireing harness then you dont have to splice any of the wires or anything.
93 is still obd1

So you will need an obd2-obd1 dizzy harness and 4 obd1 fuel injectors

Other than that I think that's really all

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb
1,831 Posts
93 is still obd1

So you will need an obd2-obd1 dizzy harness and 4 obd1 fuel injectors

Other than that I think that's really all
^^THIS and lol yes it wasnt tell 1994 i forgot, for some reason i was thinking 1993

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help! can i still use the dizzy from my obdo and convert it to obd1? instead of buying a newer one?

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb
1,831 Posts
Thanks for the help! can i still use the dizzy from my obdo and convert it to obd1? instead of buying a newer one?
i thought you had an obd2 dizzy already, i read the frist post wrong. im not sure if you can but i think you could if you got a conversion harness or just wired it your self

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do have the obd2 dizzy already i just dont have the cap for it... and i do have the cap from the dizzy of my auto d15b2 with the cap.. so i was wondering if i should just convert that to obd1 to go with the wiring harness are just find a obd2?

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
the obd0 dizzy will work if your going to use an obd0 ecu,if you are going to use an obd1 ecu the obd0 dizzy will not work....im not sure if the obd0 dizzy will bolt to the y7 head....

iirc the integra harness will not work in the civic...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think im going to keep it obdo for now and just get it running.. because the biggest thing i want to do right now is just get the motor in and convert it to 5 speed.. If i convert it to mpfi this week can i still run everything else obdo?

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok ive decided to stay obdo for now until I prep the car more for circuit racing... correct me if im wrong please! but to keep a y7 obdo all i have to do is to place the b2 motor mounts and brackets on the y7,use the b2 alternator, intake mani, dizzy, and use the y7 belt and it should be a easy turn key start? also Can i still use the b2 engine wiring harness still?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts