Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have been reading around on here and never knew a stock d series could make so much power , so basically i just bought a 96 ek hatch and am looking to do a stock safe turbo budget build .... I have read on here about homemade turbo kits but have know clue where to start any guidance would help ....this will be a daily driver at some point so only looking for like 165-190hp and a decent amount of torque.... i know you guys will say search search search but please just help me out guys. ALSO IF ANY OF YOU HAVE PARTS I HAVE CASH IN HAND AND AM LOOKING TO BUY

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
4,831 Posts
IBTL

Read the rules here. No buying or selling parts until 90 days membership and 65 post.

Also being your 1st post and showing no ambition at all to look up what is needed and wanting everyone to just spoon feed it to you. Search just a little bit on "d-series turbo" with google and you will find a lot of stuff.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have done research on here and Google... that's how i learned about homemade turbo kits and you are safe with stock internals up to 200hp and abt 165 tq depending a lot on the tune all I am asking for is guidance on the safest way to make a turbo kit and how i should get it set up .... yeah i mean icould spend hours researching like i do on many things but im sure there is someone on here whos has done what i am wanting to do and can easily give me a quick explanation.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
4,831 Posts
yeah i mean icould spend hours researching like
I guess that is what is wrong with everyone today. I "could" instead of I "should". Adding a turbo is a big deal and requires hours of searching not only on what to use parts wise but how to tune and take advantage of your setup. If you have 2 cars then by all means do what you want but if this is your DD then tread carefully.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
i have done research on here and Google... that's how i learned about homemade turbo kits and you are safe with stock internals up to 200hp and abt 165 tq depending a lot on the tune all I am asking for is guidance on the safest way to make a turbo kit and how i should get it set up .... yeah i mean icould spend hours researching like i do on many things but im sure there is someone on here whos has done what i am wanting to do and can easily give me a quick explanation.
I call bullshit. All the information you seek if right in front of your face. There is stickies you can read in each part of the form. There is a showcase area that has peoples builds. We dont spoonfeed unless effort has been made
You are a lazy n00b that wants to be spoon fed.

·
Registered
477 Posts
:smh:

Don't you like learning stuff on your own? No one is going to spoon feed you info about a "homemade turbo kit" My advice to you is Start reading and understanding what it takes to make around 200 hp. Greg at Goautoworks Has street kits that support 150-325hp.

Asking to Buy stuff on here is the wrong way to go about it like beerdrinkin said.. Prepare to get blasted in the ass from the Mods when they see this lol..
:booty:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
whatever i will just research it all my self i know i can i stated that in the first place i just am trying to save time hell send me a link with all the info and ill read it

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
whatever i will just research it all my self i know i can i stated that in the first place i just am trying to save time hell send me a link with all the info and ill read it
1) I would have helped, but you didn't use proper punctuation.

2) Starting a sentence with "whatever" is very passive aggressive, are you my wife?

3) Its not an EK its an EJ.

4) Welcome, if you understand these posts you will stick around and learn, if not, bye.

·
Registered
226 Posts
OP your best bet is to read the FAQ mitsuman linked, and read the forced induction FAQ over on hater-tech, and edit your first post to get rid of "ALSO IF ANY OF YOU HAVE PARTS I HAVE CASH IN HAND AND AM LOOKING TO BUY" bit before Edd blasts your virtual anus.

finally when it comes to turbo hondas Google is your best friend, thousands of people have turbocharged D series motors, READ EVERYTHING, and if you don't understand something, READ IT AGAIN, if you still don't understand then make a thread and someone will help you.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts

check the showcase threads.
search this site for trubo
spend a few hours and your start to learn.

or buy a ebay kit slap it on and hope you have all the right parts and it works.

·
Registered
73 Posts
In the time it takes to post "do your own search , dont be lazy, we arent gona make it easy for you, figure it out by reading old posts etc .. Someone could shoot you a link or give a couple words of useful help or tips.lol if it bothers people so much why even post back?
To the op .. Wat do you think this site is ? How dare you ask any questions ! I stead read through every post , sift through the crap and figure it out on your own. Lol

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
3,952 Posts
In the time it takes to post "do your own search , dont be lazy, we arent gona make it easy for you, figure it out by reading old posts etc .. Someone could shoot you a link or give a couple words of useful help or tips.lol if it bothers people so much why even post back?
To the op .. Wat do you think this site is ? How dare you ask any questions ! I stead read through every post , sift through the crap and figure it out on your own. Lol
why read through every post when there is a helpful button towards the top of the page that says "search" a few key words and bam, pages of helpful info. or you could be a lazy douche who would rather spout off at the keys than to actually put some effort into it. :bash:

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
The time it took for the OP (and most noobs) to create a useless thread and not asking intelligent questions that show effort has been made, a search or a look thru the form can answer the question as the OP's question has been cover numours times as what he is asking has been done so many times it's borderline retarded.

Therefor planetx

However some slack would have been cut if the OP would have posted this in the n00b section.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts