Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
hello everyone im a noob her just joined today :sweatdrop:.... but as the title states my engine ( its a d16y7) in my 99 civic dx sedan it sounds like one of my lifters blew at least that's what someone told me.

I was driving home and i started hearing this clicking and shortly after my oil light came on. I checked the oil and it was running low (not dry ) filled it with about a little over 2 quarts. now when i start the car it sounds terrible like a diesel lol, and i just got it registered a day b4 this happened.:no:

Anyways im hesitant to take the valve cover off because i don't know what im looking for.
can anyone point me in the right direction?
i can get a new d16y7 for $600 locally but id like to learn a thing or 2 then pay a lot of money and taking the easy way out.

examples of what my car sounds like

more so the second video but when i throttle it sounds like the first video

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,030 Posts
rod knock. time to buy a new motor

also like how you think it has anything to do with lifters, when the vidoes even say 'rod knock'

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rod knock. time to buy a new motor

also like how you think it has anything to do with lifters, when the vidoes even say 'rod knock'
its just what someone told me it sounded like i wasn't sure if it was rod knock but is buying a new motor my only option?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,030 Posts
no. you could yank it, hope the crank and rod isn't too fucked, and throw new bearings in it. but if the crank it shot or the rod is cooked, then you'd need to source a new crank and make sure its worth the hassle of swapping in. or......a search perhaps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts