Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
something im wondering

you have a 97 d16y7? that has the 3 wire idle control valve on the throttle body. the skunk 2 should have the spot for the 2 wire on the back of the manifold. what did you use to block the holes for the iacv the mani was ment to use? if those 2 holes are open i could see that causing surging idle problems.

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
usually those manifolds come with block off caps IIRC, that's what i remember.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys; I am new to this Honda thing...I just purchased a alpha skunk 2 intake manifold. And a 66mm throttle body. I want to install it on a 2000 Hatchback cx d16y7. Can anyone please guide me to the right direction. Thank you guys!!

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,878 Posts
fucking thread form 2008! I appreciate searching, but damn noob. recognize the last time it has been discussed

but upon reading your post

someone hand him a red dot, Im on a 24hr time out

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Yea, get a stock y8 automatic intake and TB and sell what you have.

Why are people always trying to get huge throttlebodies? It is usually NOT the bottleneck in a system and you lose a ton of throttle control and usually gas mileage....

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yea, get a stock y8 automatic intake and TB and sell what you have.

Why are people always trying to get huge throttlebodies? It is usually NOT the bottleneck in a system and you lose a ton of throttle control and usually gas mileage....
Yeah IMO that stuff is just engine bay bling. Stock IM and TB have seen 400 whp on many builds.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, i'm new and i had a quick question.

First off the car- 1997 Civic DX coupe, D16Y7, 5-speed.

Me and my buddy just installed a skunk2 manifold on his stock d16y7, but we're having problems.

First off, when we first got it together it would idle really high, then bounce up and down like it had an vacuum leak. I couldn't find one, but then i checked and noticed that the TPS and MAP sensor plugs were the same! I swapped them, and it calmed the idle down, but now i can only give it throttle very slowly. If i punch it it just falls flat.

Does anyone know what i need to look for next? We used a new TB gasket and intake gasket from fel-pro when we did the job. Someone on another forum said maybe there's just a little bit of old gasket left on the head causing a bad seal.

Any ideas would be helpful! Thanks guys-
Did your fel pro gasket line up? Mine seemed a little off so I’m currently killing myself trying to find a match

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.