Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there guys question and I'm sorry if it's been. Asked I recently bought a ej1 has a d15b I think manifold and I really would like to swap to the y8 and was wondering if anybody has a parts list to make it as smooth sailing as possible also I will be running the car to autocross soo. And had some other questions all the help I can get i is greatly appreciated

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
Jesus fuck.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
You should try searching some key words in your post. Maybe something like;
Y8 manifold swap parts list

Oh gee what do you know? A thread here on this forum that is a complete walkthrough with all the information and pictures you need.

Oh but no that would be too easy. How about you just sit back and wait until someone comes along and looks it up and copies it over here to this thread?

Reactions: slo_eg8

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should try searching some key words in your post. Maybe something like;
Y8 manifold swap parts list

Oh gee what do you know? A thread here on this forum that is a complete walkthrough with all the information and pictures you need.

Oh but no that would be too easy. How about you just sit back and wait until someone comes along and looks it up and copies it over here to this thread?
I'll do that don't really know how this forums work but thanks regardless

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
You've never used Google to find answers to your life questions?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You've never used Google to find answers to your life questions?
Got it...found some useful things this fucking app sucks... I'd rather use desktop site anyways I appreciate all the sarcasm look forward to being more active on forums

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Yes the app is absolute shit. The search function works ok here but you should still use Google.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes the app is absolute shit. The search function works ok here but you should still use Google.
Yeah deff and sorry guys if I offended anyone I found a good write up trough google this dumb ass app on mine at least won't search shit

·
Registered
339 Posts
Unless the car is running poorly I'd forgot the y8 manifold swap. Save up for a turbo set up if you want to make power. You wont notice much from bolt on's.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unless the car is running poorly I'd forgot the y8 manifold swap. Save up for a turbo set up if you want to make power. You wont notice much from bolt on's.
Well I'm figuring out slowly I mean I'm gonna use it for autocross so should be fun

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You right by the way I don't think mine has the stock intake manifold what do you guys think

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
Z6 manifold. B7. Something like that

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Z6 manifold. B7. Something like that
Yeah It looks like it.... i can't really identify it and when looking in the back where iacv plug is I moved the wire harness and idle went up and down constantly crazy.. I'm gonna have to check it might be the plug hopefully

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
difference between d15b7 and d16z6 manifolds are easy peezy

look at the runners, at the casting marks about 2-3 inches away from plenum.

air space between runners there? B7. no real gap, runners fatter? Z6.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
difference between d15b7 and d16z6 manifolds are easy peezy

look at the runners, at the casting marks about 2-3 inches away from plenum.

air space between runners there? B7. no real gap, runners fatter? Z6.
I'll take a look who ever had it started some work I think but after I fucked with the wire harness idle went to normal again

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have some parts, let know if you are interested. I think I have the accelator cable, y8 manifold (ported)...not sure what else.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have some parts, let know if you are interested. I think I have the accelator cable, y8 manifold (ported)...not sure what else.
Yeah ill let u know for now I wanna get the brake booster fixed brakes get stuck I have to run and check everything since it had a rear disc conversion but I'll let u know

1 - 18 of 18 Posts