Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
crx and ford ranger
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which timeing belt do i get for a d16y7 bottom with JDm d15b head z6 belt ?

·
Registered
crx and ford ranger
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
these must be good questions or i guess im missing the flag here. lol

·
Registered
725 Posts
Ushally go with the same one for the head I believe, someone correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
crx and ford ranger
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok but is the jdm d15b vtec head same as z6 as far as the timing belt thats all i need to know cause im needing a timing belt badly thanks

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
1,903 Posts
i've always been told to go with the block, because that is what changes the length of the belt(block height). most of the heads are the same dimensionally, it is the block height and water pump pulley size that changes everything. i would say go with the one for whichever block you plan on using.

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
eh, id get the Z6 belt. i think its 103 teeth compared to the Y7s 106. Somewhere around there...

·
Registered
crx and ford ranger
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the motor is already together in teh car and running hahah i guess you guys didnt catch that im needing to change it cause i dont wont the damn thing to break on me while drivein you what not and stuff so i didnt know what kinda of belt to get and noone has givin me a clear answer either lol some say y7 belt then you say z6 lol idk

·
Registered
crx and ford ranger
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
anyone ?

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
1,903 Posts
"i've always been told to go with the block, because that is what changes the length of the belt(block height). most of the heads are the same dimensionally, it is the block height and water pump pulley size that changes everything. i would say go with the one for whichever block you plan on using."
thats what i said, get the belt for the block/tensioner/waterpump, the cam gear is the same diameter so that would not change the belt, only the parts on the block would change the belt.

·
Registered
crx and ford ranger
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
aight then y7 timing belt it is lol thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts