Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone I'm new to here I have a 00'Ek hatch with D16Y7 have stock headers and magnaflow cat and from there 2.5 piping and tip no muffler. I also have a cai and I just picked up skunk 2 intake manifold. I daily it and am going to boost soon when time is right. I have got head reseurface just a month ago and had got 3 angle valve job. I got P06 ecu which I'm getting chip and I need help which throttle body and injector should I get? Btw I'm tryna get some power and going to get tuned so I get better mpg I commute 50mi a day.

·
Registered
ej8
6,367 Posts
If you don't have emission then get some 240cc from a y8 or obd1 civic.

And on the tb I'd get a y8 one since your basically swap to a manifold design the same.

Ad fit you won't pick up much hp your probably be around 110hp

·
Registered
the honda
133 Posts
If you don't have emission then get some 240cc from a y8 or obd1 civic.

And on the tb I'd get a y8 one since your basically swap to a manifold design the same.

Ad fit you won't pick up much hp your probably be around 110hp
I have heard that the 240 injectors will have you running rich. Don't use them

·
Registered
ej8
6,367 Posts
I have heard that the 240 injectors will have you running rich. Don't use them
P06 ecu is setup for 240cc as all obd1 ecu.

Honda got dumb and made the y7 injectors 190cc and messed everything up.

So if your tuning it on a chip ecu your want 240cc injectors.

If your keeping the factory y7 ecu then no tuning needed but it always won't run well.

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic Dx
2,032 Posts
Dont forget if your swapping to an obd1 ecu. You have to use obd1 iacv as well. You will have to change the pinout on the plugside of the ecu harness as the y7 and a/t y8 motors use a 3-wire iacv which will not be compatible with the obd1 ecu. Find the pinout process online. I think fftech has it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all yeah I got P06 ecu I will be getting tune and wouldn't stock tb be same. Freind suggested to use stock but ovb you guys pro and I got y8 it's 240cc will be getting p06 chipped and tuned for better mpg and hp I would like 120-140 anything else I should do?

·
Registered
Ek sedan
382 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts