Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im running a greddy 15g kit with greddy fmic on 96 d16y7, with magnaflow exhaust kit and cat 2.25"..the muffler has a non removable silencer with a 1" hole inside the muffler 4" tip.which is completely raining ob my parade.so can I remove the muffler and run it like that till I decide on and get my new exhaust system ?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Giver, then buy a 3" to prepare you for the build we know you are going to do. Boost has been proven by the state of California to cause addiction and heart palputations which cannot be cured.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Giver, then buy a 3" to prepare you for the build we know you are going to do. Boost has been proven by the state of California to cause addiction and heart palputations which cannot be cured.
This is true.

Look at my sig on how hard you can push a 15g greddy turbo....

·
Two men shy of a group
1,312 Posts
yes you can remove it but like stated will sound like rice, i built my exhaust in stages. first built the downpipe and ran it op downpipe which sounded nice but can be a little loud, then i put on the mid pipe and axle back part with no muffler and it completely sounded like a ricer, i then finished it by welding on the muffler. just take a dremel or something to the silencer part

·
Registered
496 Posts
Yeah you can run it with no muffler, just sounds like a riced out POS.
:3dtard:

Seriously? a honda with a turbo and no muffler sounds perfect, no rice at all, heck with a full 2.25" system and cat it probably wouldnt even be that loud, and would gain some ponies ditching the pea shooter

Cut that muffler off!

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have a 2.5" downpipe to 2.5" straight stainless piping, with a 2.5" stainless magnaflow resonator out back where a muffler would be and it sounds deep... I think having a turbo'd Honda pretty much eliminates the ricey sound you are talking about.

·
Two men shy of a group
1,312 Posts
I have a 2.5" downpipe to 2.5" straight stainless piping, with a 2.5" stainless magnaflow resonator out back where a muffler would be and it sounds deep... I think having a turbo'd Honda pretty much eliminates the ricey sound you are talking about.
try taking off that resonator and tell me how it sounds! it does not sound very good trust me, straight downpipe dump sounds a million times better than having a pipe go all the way out the back with no muffler/resonator/cat installed

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the insight.im getting a 3" exhaust and am trying to find a downpipe for my 2" greddy peashooter, i want a 2.5" downpipe into a 3" exhaust and a straight thru muffler of wat brand im still deciding. Any way im off to go pull the muffler off n go for a cruise..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Undid the muffler n pushed asidevto test it out before I wrestled the hangers outa the rubber...and itvhad a bit more pull ..not much tho as its 2.25" has a resonator and a brand new cat to weeze thru.didnt sound rice jyst a lil louder..cant wait for the 3" setup. ? Off to youtube to find a muffler sound I like.

·
Registered
225 Posts
22psi is no problem for the td04 :) i gor my turbo rebuilt (water in oil) and he said i could run 23psi/1,6bar all day with that turbo, but after that is was only hot air and chock

1 - 15 of 15 Posts