Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
97 civic DX
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greet to everybody, I just bought a turbo kit (ebay) and am giong to be posting pics and hopefully you guys can help me with any tips on the build. I have many questions as this is my first turbo install. In the near future (1 to 2 months) I am going to upgrade to vitara pistons (which I have), eagle rods, and acl race bearings, possible bisimoto level 1.2 camshaft and injectors.

The ebay kit is : eBay Motors: SUPER HONDA T3/T4 Integra / Civic D15 D16 Turbo Kit TSI (item 350173012158 end time Mar-20-09 23:21:50 PDT)

I got all the following parts:

Pic of my stock motor:

Pics beginning Install:

As you can see in the las two pictures I just encountered my first problem. The manifold gets in contact with the AC hose and also there is little space for the turbo downpipe around 2.5" What can I do here? I welcome all comments. Thanks

·
Registered
91 Hatch
541 Posts
i would first get rid of that manifold because they are a piece of sh*t they crack really fast???you should get a cast manifold cause they are really strong and you will have more space to work with the turbo and downpipe??good luck!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
First of all, you're going to need a Y8 intake manifold for the I/C piping to work. Second, that manifold is not meant to retain A/C, so either get a new manifold that's compatible (preferred), or ditch the A/C.

Be prepared to have a bunch of little problems when running an Ebay kit.. I know from experience. They are JUNK.

·
Registered
2003 Jeep Rubicon
1,006 Posts
Pretty much listen to what everyone is telling you.

1. Y8 IM bec Y7 will not work
2. Ebay manifold is trash and will not fit with you AC.
3. You dont need that oil cooler
4. An think about converting to OBD1 for tuning

5. And they the hell do u have a DOHC Vtec sticker lol

Other this this and maybe some other things you will be good. Good luck on the build

·
Registered
13 Posts
And don't expect the I/C piping to fit even with the Y8 intake mani. The BOV is junk, and the BOV flange is junk and would need to be welded onto the piping. You'll also need to weld mounting brackets onto the intercooler. Oh, and that turbo timer is a joke and yep, JUNK!

·
COOOOOOL BEAAANNNS
^^
980 Posts

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
First thing you should do before you do more work is Remove those Stickers on the Side of your Civic! lol

Next is either remove your AC so that Turbo Manifold won't hit anything (But I think would be better to get a Cast Manifold and keep your AC)

Next, swap to a D16y8 Intake Manifold.

Honestly, I think you should hold off on installing the Turbo Kit until you get yourself a Better Fuel Pump, Fuel Injectors and might as well Rip the Block open and Rebuild it for Turbo.

You have your Hand Full my Boy. You still need to run Oil Lines for your Turbo, from the oil Filter and down tapped into your Oil Pan....

Good Luck.

Keep the Pics coming though.
Welcome to D-Series.

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
wow this thread is full of negative vibes

op congrats on getting your hands dirty, and it aint the best kit but its a start. rep

·
Registered
55 Posts
looks like you ave your work cut out. I'd advise putting in the injectors, fuel pump and converting to an obd1 computer and chipping it at the same time you install this kit because the stock injectors just cant flow enough fuel and you need to be able to tune your car.
do you have a pic of the downpipe?

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Oh and please do not run that FMU.
OK this just proved it your an idiot there is no FMU dumbshit please click the log out button. To the OP you should have done a little research before the purchase drop the SS crap and at least get a cast one there cheap and effective.

·
Registered
97 civic DX
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Didn´t expect that much negatives.... damn.. well I was looking around and found this cast iron manifold: how about it?

And the I/C piping has been replaced thanks to a friend of mine who had some piping he didñ´t need. Fuel pump and Injectors are on the way. I will be posting up more pics later as I progress.

·
Registered
96 civic coupe d16y7
262 Posts
if u have a d16y7 non vtec why u got vtec stickers on your car lol

·
Registered
96 civic coupe d16y7
262 Posts
guess hes trying to b kool and scare sum ppl with em lol,but who knows maybe he thinks all honda's are vtec hahaha

1 - 20 of 124 Posts