Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'98 Hatch
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo~! I'm new to this forum and i'm curious about prepping for turbo on my 1998 civic dx hatch. i received a z6 head off a friend and it's about to be put into the shop for port/polish w/ multi-angle valve job. curious.. i wanna go sohc vtec turbo, anyone have suggestions for the setup? i prolly mislooked but i havent seen anyone with y7/z6 setups.. lemme know. ~steven

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Yo~! I'm new to this forum and i'm curious about prepping for turbo on my 1998 civic dx hatch. i received a z6 head off a friend and it's about to be put into the shop for port/polish w/ multi-angle valve job. curious.. i wanna go sohc vtec turbo, anyone have suggestions for the setup? i prolly mislooked but i havent seen anyone with y7/z6 setups.. lemme know. ~steven
this is such a common swap. seriously you must have had a brain fart when you were searching. here is a hint: look in the engine building section....

btw: you might want to look into porting and shimming that oil pump, cause its crap. ;)

·
Registered
'98 Hatch
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
currently studying rammy's thread in that section http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=70823&highlight=d16z6+head so i got a good start in building the motor. oil pump is crap? i didnt know porting and shimming was possible on the pump. thanks. i got the basics down in having mini-swap stock, now i just need to find a suggestion for prepping for turbo. i heard about metal gaskets, arp studs, je pistons + sleeving. gonna post pix on what i have soon.. maybe move thread to engine build. thanks 99EJ6T

1 - 3 of 3 Posts