Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Font Slope Parallel Auto part Art
Font Slope Parallel Auto part Art

I called multiple dealerships, and Scoured the Internet And couldn't seem to find anything so I do apologize if this has been posted before but the but does anybody know what what the coolant outlet in the picture Is?? I'm trying to find at least a name or a part number mine is cracking leaking and causing my car to overheat Any help would be great this is on 1999 Honda Civic D16Y7 automatic . This outlet sits right above the thermostat and has a tee that goes off to the throttle body or intake. Again any help Is deeply appreciated

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,604 Posts
That part is pressed into the intake manifold flange. It is non serviceable, you'll need to find a new intake manifold to replace it. Here it is from multiple angles:

Automotive tire Wood Automotive exterior Bicycle part Rim

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Bumper

Carnivore Pet supply Dog Font Collar

Tool Font Pliers Hand tool Auto part

Bicycle part Sculpture Font Art Metal

Do NOT attempt to press a new one in to the old manifold. Its leaking for a reason, and if the press fit aluminum area has started to corrode, it will either never seal, or could fall out in the future under pressure.

These fittings are a one and done press fit designed to last as long as possible. They do commonly rust out after decades, especially up north where road salt is the norm.

Get another intake where this fitting is clean and good, and reinstall the new intake to fix.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,604 Posts
Also, if the engine has overheated multiple times already due to that thing leaking, cross fingers that when you do fix the leak that the head gasket isn't blown.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank so much I replace the head gasket 2 days ago and it's leaking from the fiting. Well time to upgrade the intake

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
650 Posts
Or, and this is just something ive done before, drill it out, tap it and build a tree from brass barbs, if your hardware store has a suitable tap and ready supply of brass fittings it's a quick but reliable fix for less.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,224 Posts
Or, and this is just something ive done before, drill it out, tap it and build a tree from brass barbs, if your hardware store has a suitable tap and ready supply of brass fittings it's a quick but reliable fix for less.
or take it to a welding shop, bring some beer and hookers, and maybe they can make it permanent without too much warpage lol

·
Registered
6,856 Posts
I would run to the local hardware store, see if you can find any steel pipe extensions that fit the factory size. Then it is a simple matter of "tuning" the diameter a bit to make work.

If there is enough nub sticking out before the crack or rust that makes yours leak, you could simply weld a piece on there and call it a day.

Or run to a junkyard with a 3/8 extension and the correct size socket, knock one out of a junkyard car, and press back into yours.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's a bypass tube, I don't know the official name but that's what it does.
The smaller port that comes off the side of it goes through the throttle body then through the IAC back to the water pipe.
It's bypassing the thermostat while it's closed letting water circulate throug the block, up to the head and back to the water pump to repeat.
Mine was leaking on my aftermarket intake so I tapped it and plugged it, witch I'm able to do because I run without a thermostat.

Automotive tire Gas Bumper Engineering Composite material
Wood Automotive tire Bicycle part Composite material Gas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts