Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
I'm running the 272, and I love it. Very streetable, yet good performance. Do some searching, there a others running it too...

·
Registered
1988 Honda Civic DX
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone out there have any dyno charts displaying power gains? I have heard good things about the Delta 272 cam in D15B2 and D16A6 motors, but I hadn't heard of anyone using it in a Y7. Doesn't the powerband on the 272 fall off after 7000 rpm?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
The delta 272 does not increase the lift, only the duration i believe. It doesnt make horsepower after 6200 rpm i think, someone confirm. I want to go with the Bisi street regrind but will prolly end up going with the Delta 272 because of cost. Both have pros and cons.

·
Registered
1988 Honda Civic DX
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
C'mon somebody out there has to have a stock vs Delta cam dyno comparison! Okay how about this. Did the Delta 272 feel like it made more power?!!?!?!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
No it lost power. Christ bro. It is supposed to make about 10-12% more hosepower than current. It is a nice cam. Nice idle and broad power band.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Yes, it has more lift. Do some searching it's been covered lots over the years. I'm currently making close to 12whp with a 272 with a stock Y7 bottom end, mildly ported head, intake header exhaust, etc.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I thought it didnt that is why it doesnt make power at a higher rpm. its rated like 3000-6300rpm right.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
272 is good on a stock engine with basic bolt on, gain is nice, 282 with some head works and some internal modif like valve spring and retainer and tuning when everything is done.

·
Registered
1988 Honda Civic DX
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
12 whp is a good gain for a SOHC. How about other cams, like Gude, Web, or Bisimoto. Has anyone tried one of those?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts