Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, It's seriously been a while since I've posted on these forums :(
I have a 1996 Civic LX now. It has a D16y7 in it currently. I'm getting my hands on a Z6 head this weekend as well as a complete 14b Turbo kit. I was wondering what you guys think/would think. If I boosted the Mini me? Would it be safe if I use ARP headstuds and an upgraded headgasket and got it tuned immediatley? Let me know some input!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
yeah you should be fine if you boost it. I would just drive it with the mini-me for a few days just to make sure everything is running good and get any little problems worked out. But after you make sure everything is running good i would go ahead and boost it.

You might have some problems with the head studs with the mini me though. i think there is one stud for that will be to long or short.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
yeah you should be fine if you boost it. I would just drive it with the mini-me for a few days just to make sure everything is running good and get any little problems worked out. But after you make sure everything is running good i would go ahead and boost it.

You might have some problems with the head studs with the mini me though. i think there is one stud for that will be to long or short.
agreed. also whos tuning it?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Matts a beast when it comes to tuning.

Sounds like you are on the right track.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Matt is the man, but he is a very busy man so i had to have dyno inc do it. that and i didn't want to drive to richmond on a very bad base tune.
I know he's very well busy! If I can't get in with him, then I will go else where. It may be Dyno Inc that I would visit, but I'm not 100% sure yet. I heard Ross at Precision does multiple Dyno runs, without letting vehicle cool or anything.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dyno inc just did me up a new downpipe today (err well yesterday). i will be down there again this next saterday for my "high" boost retune (20*, currently @ 8*), i don't think they will mind if you watch them tune my hunk o' sh!t.
Haha, I will have to stop by one day. Are they open on Sundays?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I already have a front mount intercooler. I'm ordering the obd-2a-obd1 conversion harness and distributor harness tonight. I have a P07, I was going to chip that because I was going to do the mini me.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Hey guys, It's seriously been a while since I've posted on these forums :(
I have a 1996 Civic LX now. It has a D16y7 in it currently. I'm getting my hands on a Z6 head this weekend as well as a complete 14b Turbo kit. I was wondering what you guys think/would think. If I boosted the Mini me? Would it be safe if I use ARP headstuds and an upgraded headgasket and got it tuned immediatley? Let me know some input!
which timing belt do you use on this swap??? im also doing D16y7 With Z6. ive been told either or. I have Y7 belt sittin on there not installed yet, waitin to get an 100% awnser. thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts