Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I freshly built and dropped this motor into my 1997 Honda Civic ek9 hatch. It is a manual transmission. At first the engine would just click, the fuel pump won’t prime with ignition either. Plugged the starter in because I forgotten to plug that in. It turned over afterwards but will not start. It turns over nicely, no knocks or screeching. I do believe my spark plugs are getting spark so I’m not sure what’s going on. I have an oil light in my dash that isn’t going away since I dropped the motor in, and the battery light will not turn off for some reason even if we used another battery. I also had this green looking plug by the firewall hole on the wire harness, I deleted those wires completely from the harness as I’m pretty sure they were extra wires for other submodels. We sprayed starter fluid into the intake as well while turning it over, still didn’t start. Can somebody help??

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,289 Posts
all grounds tight and clean? if its not even lighting off under starting fluid, that should tell you its not getting any spark.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
all grounds tight and clean? if its not even lighting off under starting fluid, that should tell you its not getting any spark.
I got it running under starter fluid, the injector clips don’t have power and neither does the fuel pump. It’ll start up and run for 3 seconds before it burns up the starter fluid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts