Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,699 Posts
so.....did they pay to have them built by a shop? for a whole family of "mechanics" theres a lot of greenhorn questions being asked

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Stages are important, because the car WILL be uncontrollable if you do not take measures to learn the handling. It is never a cool thing to blast a gear and have it torque steer straight into the shoulder or wall.

The ONLY cost change during stages will be the turbo itself and tuning. ANd buying used and selling as you upgrade, you can contain the amount to a pretty reasonable sum.

Build the fuel system for 1-200hp EXTRA over what you plan to eventually run.

Use an intercooler that will handle the final stage

Have a turbo manifold made or purchased that will actually flow exhaust properly.

Too many people have lost their cars, or more, due to trying to go full send to a big power build.

Arrogance causes misery in the car world. Be safe and smart.

Reactions: Bailey.masonn

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
so.....did they pay to have them built by a shop? for a whole family of "mechanics" theres a lot of greenhorn questions being asked
I hate to say it but I have to agree, and yes and no. My brother took his evo to the shop, my cousin does the work for most of the cars, the RSX was purchased that way, just needed fixing. So here's the only problem, they aren't very reliable for teachers, I ask how to do something and they just tell me to look it up online. I've done that for most of everything I've done to my car so far, I just wanted to start making sure things were okay but some questions I couldn't find answers to

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Stages are important, because the car WILL be uncontrollable if you do not take measures to learn the handling. It is never a cool thing to blast a gear and have it torque steer straight into the shoulder or wall.

The ONLY cost change during stages will be the turbo itself and tuning. ANd buying used and selling as you upgrade, you can contain the amount to a pretty reasonable sum.

Build the fuel system for 1-200hp EXTRA over what you plan to eventually run.

Use an intercooler that will handle the final stage

Have a turbo manifold made or purchased that will actually flow exhaust properly.

Too many people have lost their cars, or more, due to trying to go full send to a big power build.

Arrogance causes misery in the car world. Be safe and smart.
I like that last line, I don't believe I am being arrogant... I've went 130 in 3rd on multiple pulls before my engine blew. I also kind of have already went fully built for a d series, there isn't much more I could do to the bottom end I don't think. But yeah I don't want to have to change my piping at some point from a 2 inch to 3 and half inch later on, I'd rather do 3 and a half inch now and be done with it

21 - 24 of 24 Posts