Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is this small turbo good for a stock d16y7 engine???

Does the automatic tranny can hold this power or is gonna blow very fast ???

Should be fun a comfortable automatic DD with a little more power.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
yeah, the t25 is small enough that i dont think it should make enough power for your tranny to be the issue, most ive seen pushed on them is ~200whp ish.

the transmission will be ok unless it is BEAT on.

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great!!! I´m think I´ll try, an in case my auto tranny blow up, I´ll do a std swap.

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get a decent size transmission fluid cooler, and it'll last forever... or at lest untill the clutch disc thingies wear out.
Good point..

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I threw 10psi at a auto y7 with 100k on it and a greddy 19t and the tranny held up fine and is still in my garage waiting to be sold cause i swapped in a y8 5sp.

Do you was using an oil cooler on your tranny, or any spercial care on it???

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
torturedsol ran a TD05 with like 7psi and blew his auto up. fucked OD right out of it

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,422 Posts
oil cooler, 15k fluid changes, don't go beating on it.

I just want the torque!

WOT shifts = death to Honda Automatics, so does manually holding it into gear like D2.

·
Registered
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
I also used to own an auto Y7 with a 15G on it. After turboing it I kept it probably 6k miles, the 2nd owner put about 40k miles on it and the now 3rd owner still runs the stock tranny at well over 100k on it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just for the record, I boosted my daily driver 95 D16Z6 (75000, engine rebuilt 10k ago) with a GT25 @ 9psi, sugarcane ethanol (Brazil ;) and added a small tranny cooler. I've run 2k miles so far and its fine. GT25 fitted perfect to me cause it only spools when I ask for. A smaller turbo should be worse to the torque converter when slipping mainly as a daily driver.
Travelling also got way better now, no more uphills :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
i had a t25 running 8 psi on my d16 auto...all i did was put an oil cooler and it worked fine...was a dd for about a year...only reason i took it out was to go 5 speed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts