Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 DX auto, the engine has 293k mi on it and is probably burning a quart or more oil a week (400mi or so) so it is definitely done lol. I want vtec and manual trans so I was going to swap in a y8 and manual combo into it when I can. What parts do I need to do this?
Here’s what I have on my list so far, I just need to no if I’m missing anything or if I don’t actually need something.

Engine+trans
P2P ecu
tra
Intermediate shaft
Pedals
Clutch and shift linkage
Shifter

my main questions are what wiring/ electric work would this entail, and what do I do about my intake, since I’m assuming the auto y7 intake and filter box won’t work

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,707 Posts
more reading

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate that, any input on the other questions regarding the engine? I am also looking for a y8 complete swap if anyone could point me in the direction to find that for a decent price

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What year is the car that the engine came from that you are swapping into your car?
I don’t have a y8 yet I just wanted to know what I was leaving out, although I just got a y7 and manny to swap in instead for the time being, my engine is burning a qt every 300mi or so, so I needed a replacement asap

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don’t have a y8 yet I just wanted to know what I was leaving out, although I just got a y7 and manny to swap in instead for the time being, my engine is burning a qt every 300mi or so, so I needed a replacement asap
oh I see, the 99-00 have a different engine harness than the 96-98. I learned that the hard way when I did my swap

1 - 8 of 8 Posts