Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any company makes D16Y7 camshaft ?
I know Gude make one, but it seems to be a little weak. :fag:

My Y7 head is agressively ported and polished, KMS double springs, KMS titanium retainers, homemade intake manifold matched with the head, etc.
Im running YCP Vitara's pistons and Tunertoys connecting rods, with a GT3076R turbo. :twisted:

I don't want to run the stock camshaft with all this stuff around.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IF NOT....just get is micro polished and balanced TRUST ME you'll be fine. and i can assure you all the other turbo/high HP guys willsay the same aftermarket crank is over kill and a waste of cash
Camshaft, not crankshaft. :|

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
IF NOT....just get is micro polished and balanced TRUST ME you'll be fine. and i can assure you all the other turbo/high HP guys willsay the same aftermarket crank is over kill and a waste of cash
i think hes asking about CAMshafts.

gude
delta cams
webcams
bisi regrinds as well.

i dont think there is any off the shelf cams for the y7, i have looked cause i have a y7 as well. All that i have found is regrinds.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Yup!
I'd go with a Bisi camshaft if I were you too...
If you can get hold of him to have a quick chat he'll come up with a custom re-grind for your application.
Can't say fairer than that imo.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've contacted Bisimoto and Delta by email about turbo cam.

The specs of Bisi "stage 2" cam seems nice, but "d-series non-vtec" is 88-95 or 96-00? not mentionned on their website.. Well.. waiting for the mail response.

Is a N/A hardcore cam bad for F/I setup?

If it not stall at the McDo lineup, it's not hardcore enough. :p

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
I've contacted Bisimoto and Delta by email about turbo cam.

The specs of Bisi "stage 2" cam seems nice, but "d-series non-vtec" is 88-95 or 96-00? not mentionned on their website.. Well.. waiting for the mail response.

Is a N/A hardcore cam bad for F/I setup?
usually a stg 2 NA cam will work well in a boosted, its not ideal. but it will see gains over a stock cam.

also, bisi will build a cam straight up for your needs. it will be a custom one, and the prices are listed on his site. no need to list years, as he is doing a regrind.

·
Registered
595 Posts
If you mention to Bisi you want a cam for a turbo build he'll recommend something like a Level 1.2
Or maybe a 1.5
Or a 1.7 :p

The non-vtec cam is for all years.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
You're all talking about Stages 1 or 2 but it's not representative.. I want numbers, not stages. :p

Delta replyed me.. and say nothing but "We got grinds for them, $93.50 on your core. Just takes one day."
WTF?! Absolutely no information on what they propose to me.

·
Registered
595 Posts
We can't give you numbers for a custom cam set up!
Best thing is to contact Bisi and ask what lift/duration etc your designed cam will have.
As a rule though, a Level 1.2 will have similar lift and duration as the Level 1, but has wider lobe separation to allow you to build boost sooner, and hold it longer.

But it also depends on what rpm you'll be pushing it to, where you ideally want the power band to be etc.

·
Registered
834 Posts
That's the 260 profile. I've been running the Delta 272 for years, and I love it. Do some searching, all the information has been posted many times before.

Oh and you provide the cam core, and I think I paid $15 shipping to Victoria. You'll need to ask them if that price includes shipping to you or not.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still no response from Bisi..

That's the 260 profile. I've been running the Delta 272 for years, and I love it. Do some searching, all the information has been posted many times before.

Oh and you provide the cam core, and I think I paid $15 shipping to Victoria. You'll need to ask them if that price includes shipping to you or not.
Delta272 in a turbo setup ?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
New response from Delta, but still no information of shipping cost and others fees...

Thats a small cam, plus they don't have the correct RAR numbers so ALL the lift numbers mean NOTHING!

RAR = Rocker Arm Ratio

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
how are you to know they didn't take the valve lift numbers and go backwards?

Vlv. lift, might wanna compare those numbers to a STOCK cam........

Less lift?????? HOW? They grinding them FLAT or is the piece of paper totally WORTHLESS?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Do any company makes D16Y7 camshaft ?
I know Gude make one, but it seems to be a little weak. :fag:

My Y7 head is agressively ported and polished, KMS double springs, KMS titanium retainers, homemade intake manifold matched with the head, etc.
Im running YCP Vitara's pistons and Tunertoys connecting rods, with a GT3076R turbo. :twisted:

I don't want to run the stock camshaft with all this stuff around.

can i c a pic of that intake manifold;;;;everyone as u read the treads talks alot about hp gain but i am looking at the torgue i am in the process of TRYING to modify a zc manifold buy cutting the runners making them shorter then port and polish the inside and try it see what will happen ;;;so it would b nice to c what u did with the manifold (trial and error shit like that dont mind some may think its bullshit):alky:

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
how are you to know they didn't take the valve lift numbers and go backwards?

Vlv. lift, might wanna compare those numbers to a STOCK cam........

Less lift?????? HOW? They grinding them FLAT or is the piece of paper totally WORTHLESS?
because its easier to measure a cam when its not attached to any rockers

·
Registered
834 Posts
Still no response from Bisi..

Delta272 in a turbo setup ?
I'm not running a turbo yet...

But I spoke to the guy who created the Delta cam profiles (many years ago on the previous forum) and he mentioned they were designed for FI. It's been a good cam for NA too. Good street performance, with a little more lump in the idle, maintains bottom end performance, but comes on strong at 4500+. I wouldn't bother with the 260 profile.

I'm sticking with this cam for now, and even after going turbo, but my next cam will be from Bisi, just since he can really understand the SOHC setup and recommend the right profile for my target. I consider the Delta cams to be just good off-the-shelf profiles good enough for anyone.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts