Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any threads out there that have pictures that still work? Also, what do people do with intake manifold choices because of the air injection on 99-00?

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
i was going to use a 99-00 Y8 intake mani w/air injection on my y7. you just gotta make sure you get an air injection mani

ask me about air injection questions, alot of people havent heard of it. but im kinda the master on this bullshit system honda invented

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry about the title typo it's suppose to be d16y7/y8. But I'm trying to do the minime now. I followed the intake swap, I'm the one with the red bay in that thread. But I ran into a deal for the y8 vtec head. What I was wondering is if I could just use the manifold I got right now, but I guess I can't because of my iacv. Thanks for the answer about the distributor.

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
if thats his engine bay... whats this thread about he already has a y8 mani?

·
Registered
61 Posts
From what other folks on this board has said, the OEM y7 header/cat is a big restriction and should be replaced with an aftermarket header, and besides they are very prone to cracking. Good luck on the mini :bigok:

·
Registered
1997 Civic Hatch D18Y8 M62 S/C
2,663 Posts
I'm not sure if the OP's original question got answered. You can use the 99-00 IM with a 99-00 head with no problems but if you use a 96-98 head you need to plug the air injection holes with JB Weld. Personally, I would just match the IM with the head since IMs are generally cheap and I like to avoid hack jobs.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not sure if the OP's original question got answered. You can use the 99-00 IM with a 99-00 head with no problems but if you use a 96-98 head you need to plug the air injection holes with JB Weld. Personally, I would just match the IM with the head since IMs are generally cheap and I like to avoid hack jobs.

That sort of answered the question, but main thing was if I could use the auto IM that I already have. But I found out that the IACV won't work. Yea..that is my bay, I went with a 00 EX header and love it, but I want vtec now and turbo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts