Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone... i did a search and could not find a Forced induction on the Y5 i could of swarn that there was one... and somebody on here had a fairly quick turbo HX.... anyway i'm thinking of putting a home made kit together and wanted some info before i rip appart my daily driver... i figure i want a like 180's range something so i can keep up wiht modifed integras and most other cars on the street but i still want a car that i can drive in to emissions testing and blow clean... i was thinking like a 16G turbo a front mount something small and maybe thats about it casue ive never built a turbo kit before, let me know cause i think its time for something new and diffrent some new found power and a little someting extra... so any help is apreciated

Torin

or anyones turbo extras sent my way wouyld be cool too?? and maybe a turbo buddy out here in Oregon??? for help and whatever else

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so... come on who was the guy with the HX turbo?? and anyother help would be cool??

·
Registered
678 Posts
;)

You need about a jiggawatt in your flux capacitor to do anything with an obd2 hx. Now, obd1 on the other hand...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
;)

You need about a jiggawatt in your flux capacitor to do anything with an obd2 hx. Now, obd1 on the other hand...
no i think its a shanagan for OBD2 but i was thinking of there is a way to run a piggy back make the motor think its still OBD2 but go back to like a P28 or some crap... i dont know i just want a stronger engine... ive started driving with a couple of 240's tuned by a local shop and not doing so good now that they are both built for drift... i'm good but still need power to keep up figured like a 180hp would keep me heppy for a while.... or i'm going to have to build a D16A bottomend with Si D pistons, some LS rods, and maybe a B20A stroker Crank and find an EX head and run individual TB's.... but i dont know... still kinda like to do that too....

·
Registered
678 Posts
That's sort of what I was inferring. Convert back to obd1, turbo, tune w/ crome, go fast.

I'm pretty sure that those plans you listed will not be possible. B stuff and D stuff TYPICALLY doesn't interchange. The rods CAN work, but the crankshaft would definately not. Plus, stroking the d16 is just not the way to go. More bore.

Not that I'm special, but look up my screen name on the y5/vtec-e stuff I've done. I'd post links, but that's too easy. Get to know and love the search function on here.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's sort of what I was inferring. Convert back to obd1, turbo, tune w/ crome, go fast.

I'm pretty sure that those plans you listed will not be possible. B stuff and D stuff TYPICALLY doesn't interchange. The rods CAN work, but the crankshaft would definately not. Plus, stroking the d16 is just not the way to go. More bore.

Not that I'm special, but look up my screen name on the y5/vtec-e stuff I've done. I'd post links, but that's too easy. Get to know and love the search function on here.
ive see a B20a from the old prelude stuck in a single cam... but i dont know how it fit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts