Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's pretty much together but the harness (marked 96 hx 5 speed by the junk yard) has a 5 blade connector for the EGR valve and the EGR valve (off a 2000 hx) has a 3 blade connector. The Hanynes manual shows 5 wires and everything i have seen shows 5 wires. Is there a 3 wire EGR that would fit and it was swapped from a CRX or something or did Honda switch to a 3 wire EGR in 2000 on the HX? Everything takes longer that you think it is going to. Any idea96-00 HXs?

Another Odd thing is the harness did not have knock sensor wire at the connector or in the loom. I had to add it. Did some HXs' come without knock sensors?

Thanks.

·
Banned
eh hatch
598 Posts
what computer are you using from what year...?
and what harness/year

there are a few 3.wire egr's
the 92-95 vx has one...different connector style...
but it will bolt on the y5 intake mani
some accords have them...not positive on what year/models/engines
the jdm 3.stage d15b has a 3.wire...my '96 had one...not sure beyond that.

dont quote me on this...but i think the design of all egr valves are pretty much the same
import/domestic...dimensions/operation
or at least many of them are

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what computer are you using from what year...?
and what harness/year

there are a few 3.wire egr's
the 92-95 vx has one...different connector style...
but it will bolt on the y5 intake mani
some accords have them...not positive on what year/models/engines
the jdm 3.stage d15b has a 3.wire...my '96 had one...not sure beyond that.

dont quote me on this...but i think the design of all egr valves are pretty much the same
import/domestic...dimensions/operation
or at least many of them are
Thanks for responding-

I believe the puter is a 98 "hx 5-speed". My goal was to get the swap in as OEM as possible. The connectors are all the right kind- the harness was labeled "96 hx 5-speed" by the seller (ebay junk yard). Today I am going to look at the pins/connectors at the ecu and see if it has the fuel tank pressure sensor on it as I think those are the 2 "extra" wires as they are shown on the haynes schematic. If it does I'll get a 5-wire EGR and a fuel pump with the pressure sensor. if not i'll delete the 5 pin connector and solder in a 3 pin connector with those wires (the round 3m wire connectors from the both harnesses fit).. I think that is right- I recall reading somewhere the fuel tank pressure sensor is on the oem pump.

the EGR fits correctly. I have a sneaking suspicion somehow I got a 96-00 harness form mexico or canada where they do not have the knock sensor. anyway.. Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's pretty much together but the harness (marked 96 hx 5 speed by the junk yard) has a 5 blade connector for the EGR valve and the EGR valve (off a 2000 hx) has a 3 blade connector. The Hanynes manual shows 5 wires and everything i have seen shows 5 wires. Is there a 3 wire EGR that would fit and it was swapped from a CRX or something or did Honda switch to a 3 wire EGR in 2000 on the HX? Everything takes longer that you think it is going to. Any idea96-00 HXs?

Another Odd thing is the harness did not have knock sensor wire at the connector or in the loom. I had to add it. Did some HXs' come without knock sensors?

Thanks.

As it turns out the 2000 HX motor I bought had the wrong EGR on it. It was 3 wire and vacuum actuated. I bought the 2000 hx part from Honda and it is 5 wire and electronic solenoid actuated. I plugged right in and now i have one less cel. The march continues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts