Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I spun a bearing on my y7 and don't have the help to rebuild it so I was wondering what I needed to put a z6 head on a y5 block such as head gasket and timing belt which one would I need i haven't been able to find anything on a y5/z6 only forums I've found tall about the VTEC-E which I can't use because I don't have the ecu and can't find one which is why I'm putting a z6 head on because I already have the electrical components needed I already have the p28 with 0bd1-0bd2 jumper and the dizzy with jumper also will my y7 crank pulley work on the y5

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
1,546 Posts
Going to be the same as putting a z6 head on any y block, only difference short block wise between a y7 and a y5 is a very minor piston dish change, should even run well on the stock ecu with a y8 or z6 intake, might be a bit wierd down low and up top if you run the y7 intake.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Going to be the same as putting a z6 head on any y block, only difference short block wise between a y7 and a y5 is a very minor piston dish change, should even run well on the stock ecu with a y8 or z6 intake, might be a bit wierd down low and up top if you run the y7 intake.
I already have a y8 intake manifold installed so I'll just need the y8 head gasket and y5 timing belt along with the 9 y5 head bolts and one z6 head bolt?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts