Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im looking at doin a conversion (head only) in my ek1. I currently have the d16y4 engine and was wondering if anyone else has put the D16y8 head on there D16y4 bottom and has any information that i could use as i may do the work myself.

Thanks.Chris.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Is there a diffrance between the y4 and y8 head?

I put a D16A7 head on my D15B block, there is not much diffrence between the two except for the cams.

Both are PM3 moldings.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't know the ins and outs of putting a d16y8 head on a d16y4, but if it helps I run a d16y4 with a d16y4 head and it currently gets 358whp on 22psi.

The head got a major port but otherwise has a stock cam and stock valves. I don't know at what point the head is a limiting factor as I haven't had a final tune done on the car, but 400hp will be about the maximum anyway as that is what the turbo is sized for.

So if flow was your concern, depending on your power goals the stock head might do the trick. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
> The head got a major port

Care to detail the "major port"?

Just want to know what areas of the D16 port the pros are modifying.

Nick.

·
Registered
43 Posts
> The head got a major port

Care to detail the "major port"?

Just want to know what areas of the D16 port the pros are modifying.

Nick.
Sure thing! By "major port" I just meant that the intake and exhaust ports were enlarged as much as physically allowable. I did snap a couple of pics when they were nearing the end of the job but the pics aren't online. If you'd like to see them I can upload them when I'm at home.

Since I kept the standard intake runners, that dictated the maximum size that the intake ports could be enlarged to if that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts