Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
~Long post ish incoming ~
Hey all! About a year and a half ago I got my first EK civic, I鈥檓 an Australian P plater meaning I鈥檓 unable to legally boost my car 馃槥
However the time is coming and I鈥檓 open to all mods I should do for a safe turbo build. Purpose being for track use, my car has a full exhaust and almost all bolt on stability mods, And the only D16Y4 EK civic Hatchback on YouTube with a Bee R rev limiter installed that I could find, (got some shitty vids up there) BUT I wanna build my D series, I have faith in the D16Y4, Just open to suggestions block wise, and everything in and around that. I picked up a Turbo already which is decent sized, it鈥檚 an M24 AR22 GARRET Which is a factory Garret turbo off a GTR 33 skyline, so basically I just want a guide like things like Injector type, CC, Intercooler sizing, and engine modifications to have a safe boost for track purposes, i also have exedy heavy duty clutch ready to go in, do I need a LSD? And do I need to upgrade my gearbox somehow? & I鈥檓 not after 600HP, just a good amount of power to zip through those gears without the need for Vtech, up and around steep hills if need be, I鈥檓 just after reliability and power which I know is possible with good maintaining im just dumb and new to the Boost life #LongliveSOHC

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I know how turbos and injectors work, I聮m more asking for suggestions for track setup, the power like I haven聮t had experience in boosted cars so I wouldn聮t know what 300 horsepower feels like, but like that聮s a decent number to look towards in a sense, are Turbo vitara pistons are good for reliability? I聮ve heard forged is the way to go?

Basically just asking for experienced d series owners for input, I know most d series things are somewhat similar, being here in Australia D16Y4 engines are like super super common and cost anywhere from $150-400 (400 with super super low K聮s) otherwise I probably would聮ve gone a d16y8 route like most people but as I聮ve mentioned the d16y4 has its pro聮s too, the way I want the car is to chop any stock cars up and down like mountain runs but in saying that having the reliability engine wise, I know what I need to do stabilisation wise, I聮m on here for the core engine build and whatnot, I am the noob that requires everyone聮s juicy information to fill my brain with D series knowledge

Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
study this
www.volkspage.net/technik/04/maximum_boost.pdf

so do you want this to be a long run racer or short run?

block+ head fresh flat straight surface with proper finish.
low compression pistons
stronger "rods"
ARP head studs.
honda gasket set, fuck china.
adequate fueling .
fuel managment.

read about all the things I listed and before you know it you'll be a pro.

BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
search
read
search
read
learn.

the info is out there, its up to you to put in the leg work

1 - 5 of 5 Posts