Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As I've read some of the guys here finish the 1/4 mile in 15 sec's with their D15B and few simple mods like h/i/e
While I hit 16 sec's with My D16y8 with the same mods
anyway this doesnt matter now, what i would like to know is
I have a D16y8 and now I have a D15B engine.
Is there anything i can do to replace some parts from the D16 into the D15 to gain more power?
for example, TB and so on.

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
the throttle body's will be the same. Everything but Desplacement,rod leignth ect. The d16y8 is just an USDM version og the JDM D15B. I ran a 15.9 with my d15b with: Megan Racing header, 3 in exhaust, MSD coil, intake, lighten flywheel.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
by the way i'm running the D16y ECU which is p2p obd2
would it make any difference in power if I use the D15B's Ecu which is P28 as I guess, or it wont !?

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
the only way you can run that P28 is by getting the OBD2-> OBD1 conversion harness.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Man i run 15.2 with my SOHC ZC Vtec (JDM D16Z6) The biggest advantage to buying a D15B is, normally lower mileage and better compression numbers then say trying to find a low mileage D16Z6 in the US (one lower then 70k) Other then that 1.6 > 1.5

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the only way you can run that P28 is by getting the OBD2-> OBD1 conversion harness.
This is the only way to engage the vtec?
or it will kick in anyway and i'll be able to hear it?

p-08 is the ecu that mates with jdm d15b
What if I didnt run the P08 Ecu and kept using the current one which i have?

Man i run 15.2 with my SOHC ZC Vtec (JDM D16Z6) The biggest advantage to buying a D15B is, normally lower mileage and better compression numbers then say trying to find a low mileage D16Z6 in the US (one lower then 70k) Other then that 1.6 > 1.5
Thnx for the input

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
ugh.... the weight of your car is gonna be by far the largest variable when comparing too nearly identical motors.... a d15b in an HF crx is obviously gonna be faster than a 4 door civic with a d16y8....

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
ugh.... the weight of your car is gonna be by far the largest variable when comparing too nearly identical motors.... a d15b in an HF crx is obviously gonna be faster than a 4 door civic with a d16y8....
i wish i had a y8 in my 4dr, soon my pretty, very soon

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Yeah if you have an '96-'00 coupe figure just over 2700 lb with driver, sedan it's close to 2800 lb.

Previous generations were a lot lighter, which is why CRXs could get away with high 15s making a whopping 108 hp at the crank. Meanwhile us EK owners are stuck in low 17s/ high 16s with near 130 hp because we gotta haul our heavy butts down that long stretch of track...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts